Le Tour

Penelope

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Tomorrow's been shortened by 71km, due to weather and further land slide fears. The first climb and big madcap descent are off the menu...

image.png.4493e3f423882ac87f99112c3a913f60.png

Crikey! Mind, that hail and mud slide were something else.

Bernal's tour to lose now, not that I think that will happen.

Edited by Penelope

19 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Crikey! Mind, that hail and mud slide were something else.

Yes but how did the French arrange that weather and mud slide? 😁 I think had the stage finished as it should have JA would have lost more time, yes he can desend like a mad man but then he had to climb again..

I was thinking it was all about to kick off as if it's taken 78hrs to get them separated, Bernal and Yates would have worked together with hopefully Yates taking another stage, although EB wouldn't have just handed it to him at 22 years old I don't think, G was looking strong who knows what we lost out on??

I don't see how there is enough road for anything to change tomorrow?

And what a shame for Pinot, I had meant to look what odds he was for the stage and yellow thinking it was his to steal, but a busy day meant i didn't 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

If 1& 2 for INEOS is them being weak imagine with Froome they might have stitched up the podium.

Overall a brilliant Tour.

Yeah. I really didn't get what Wiggins was getting at with all that nonsense. I suspect they had slighttly different tactics for a very non-traditional tour. Having the Alps big hitters at the very end probably made Alaphilippe look stronger than he really was - and Team Ineos perhaps a little weaker. But if I'd was to put together the perfect GC team, I'd probably want Luke Rowe as my Road captain, Wout Poels and Castroviejo as a mountain support and then some serious elites in there...like the relentless engine of Thomas and the stellar climbing in Bernal. I'm not sure any other team can match them in any category - except the sprinting.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 23:13, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah. I really didn't get what Wiggins was getting at with all that nonsense. I suspect they had slighttly different tactics for a very non-traditional tour. Having the Alps big hitters at the very end probably made Alaphilippe look stronger than he really was - and Team Ineos perhaps a little weaker. But if I'd was to put together the perfect GC team, I'd probably want Luke Rowe as my Road captain, Wout Poels and Castroviejo as a mountain support and then some serious elites in there...like the relentless engine of Thomas and the stellar climbing in Bernal. I'm not sure any other team can match them in any category - except the sprinting.

Finally caught up watching the highlights tonight, the race kind of fizzled out i thought with the shortend stages, the race being so close has been great watching but i was always waiting for Ineos to take over, they must have known they had to keep it close stay out of trouble and wait for the Alps, nice to see JA got the most combative? Jersey, would have been a shame for him to get nothing.