Browning 725 20 bore ejector problems

grahamch

I bought a brand new B725 20 bore about 3weeks ago and have put around 400 shots through it. 

So far the top barrel fails to eject the spent case about 80% 0f the time - the case sticks about 2/3 elected. This has happened with 3 makes of cartridge with varying head brass lengths. 

Bottom barrel does the same but only occasionally.

Any one had similar problems?

The gun will be going back this week for a refund I think.

21 minutes ago, grahamch said:

I bought a brand new B725 20 bore about 3weeks ago and have put around 400 shots through it. 

So far the top barrel fails to eject the spent case about 80% 0f the time - the case sticks about 2/3 elected. This has happened with 3 makes of cartridge with varying head brass lengths. 

Bottom barrel does the same but only occasionally.

Any one had similar problems?

The gun will be going back this week for a refund I think.

Have you degunged the ejectors - possibly still have grease in them as it's new. I would certainly take it back and get it looked at!

Tried different cartridges?

I had a Miroku that did the same thing, hated Power Reds and Power Blues but worked perfectly with Eley Olympic Blues.  Having said that if its brand new it shoudnt be fussy so I agree I would take it back for a refund or exchange.

20 bore shotguns can be prone to sluggish ejection as a result of fouling towards the front of the chamber.

I would give the chamber a good scrub out with some solvent and a phos-bronze brush before running off seeking a re-fund. As already indicated, a change in cartridge may also cure the problem.