Beretta S56E - thoughts?

samadams21

17 hours ago, samadams21 said:

I have the chance of the above 12g at under £200, - not amazing condition but not the worst I’ve seen. 

The only thing that is putting me off is the double trigger 

Just wanted some thoughts on people that have or have had one 

Whats wrong with a double trigger ? Instant barrel selection .Less chance of double discharge and failure to change over .Less to go wrong on an old gun for which ther will be no available spares .

hello, most of us PW members of a certain age started out with double trigger shotguns, not sure when singles came about but i had an early O/U that was double trigger but the rear could shoot both barrels, gunman is right on with his post and advice, if you think a single trigger would be more to your liking then get one like that, plenty for sale, the most important aspect is gun fitting you irrespective of triggers     

5 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I too swap between single and double triggers with no problem and also prefer double triggers. If double triggers however, the gun must have a straight hand stock in my opinion.

OB

Correct, straight stock for double triggers.

I sometimes use friend’s guns with single triggers and have no issues/problems using them. I simply would never buy one because of the complications and reliability problems, be they real or only in my head.