4th go on the same field

yickdaz

same field as the  previous 3 Saturdays the birds and flightlines have been increasing more and more as the weeks go by, no different today as the pigeon traffic was constant when we arrived at the field we only needed 10 mins to watch where we needed to be so didn't waste any time in setting up got set up for 12.30 pm some  flocked shells out on the laid patch 2 birds down in 10 mins set the rotary up and off we went steady stream of pigeons coming into the decoys from all angles left dead birds where they lay on the patch unless they were belly up, trip back to car halfway through for more cartridges and carried on we had shot up again  by 4.30pm I had more in the car but we knew we had a long pickup and a few trips to and fro with dead birds and gear we had approx. 155 birds down picked 135 great day my highlight was a triple with the  o/u killed 2 from a small pack that came in  with first shot then the 3rd with the second barrel I can't ever recall doing that before 

IMG_20190713_165319.jpg.589809e1507d82498bf12c4ed9915340.jpg

Nice bit of shooting in perfect weather, well it is here, windy-ish cloud cover and not to hot.

Laying out of the birds…well the front birds look ok but as you look towards the back it looks you have gone for the Norfolk heap.:)

11 minutes ago, old'un said:

Nice bit of shooting in perfect weather, well it is here, windy-ish cloud cover and not to hot.

Laying out of the birds…well the front birds look ok but as you look towards the back it looks you have gone for the Norfolk heap.

I did it for pc because I know what his OCD is like 😁

Nothing wrong with the layout , in fact a lot of the pigeon shooters from our county would never reach such a high standard :lol:

When you get fields like that you don't need to spend that much time looking for anything better , first class bag and another good pick up in what can be a night mare crop at times to pick up on .

34 minutes ago, muncher said:

Well done, I checked out the barley field we shot last week and it's deserted. 

Most of our Barley fields have been void of pigeons for the last two weeks , some would say the grain is to hard , and yet as soon as the field is cut we can start shooting pigeons straight away on the stubble and there have been times when I have shot a field while the combine is cutting the same field , so why do they keep off just prior to it being cut ??