Avery interview.

I bet his mate CP got him the gig on Countryfile.

How are these minority groups ( WJ has 3 members I think !!!) able to get front page publicity to a mass BBC bunny hugger audience when BASC do not respond (or even use the media centre the members paid millions for 🙄)

11 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Interesting interview on fieldsports channel with Charley Jacoby and Mark Avery this week! Avery going to be on Countryfile Sunday talking about WJ.           NB

I listened to the podcast version on my commute this week.  Itunes linky  Soundcloud

Charlie tried really hard to maintain decorum, but you can tell he was struggling.  Avery comes across as the avencular jolly-fat-fellow type.  He will interview really well, and is clearly the brains behind the outfit, CP is just the eye candy for the hard-of-thinking ladies of a certain age.

I do wish BASC would get on with a slightly better media campaign, this will not go away.

I have just watched Countryfile tonight  when a new organisation  Wild Justice    on the General Licence  had a full support of the programme , Where were the Shooting organisations  to put the  view of the shooting  people ..

Felltwad

Edited by Feltwad

2 hours ago, Feltwad said:

I have just watched Countryfile tonight  when a new organisation  Wild Justice    on the General Licence  had a full support of the programme , Where were the Shooting organisations  to put the  view of the shooting  people ..

Felltwad

Gwct were on country file and so wass a farmer. Also its always the loud minority that gets heard. 

24 minutes ago, mrpip said:

Would be nice to know if Countryfile presenter Adam Henson has a shoot or shooting for pest control on his land, doubt very much if they would do a piece on that if he does.

Considering the size of that business there'll be an accountant lurking in the background who knows a nice little earner when he sees one and whose advice is going to be, "don't rock the boat".

I thought Charley Jackaby struggled One point about rewilding from Mr Avery was the tourists will be drawn into areas where the likes of  white tailed eagles are released this would provide income during the winter months.Charley could have mentioned the fact that shooters do this now and  probably spend more while doing it they don't just rock up on a Sat or Sunday jump out the car at an advantage viewing point/layby then tick the eagle of the bucket list and drive of home never to return.

Edited by scutt

15 hours ago, mrpip said:

Would be nice to know if Countryfile presenter Adam Henson has a shoot or shooting for pest control on his land, doubt very much if they would do a piece on that if he does.

He and his son shoot. He presented the Purdey awards for game and conservation 2017.  His farm on an SSSI. Does a lot for rare breeds and conservation himself.    NB

On 14/07/2019 at 09:47, Gameking said:

I bet his mate CP got him the gig on Countryfile.

How are these minority groups ( WJ has 3 members I think !!!) able to get front page publicity to a mass BBC bunny hugger audience when BASC do not respond (or even use the media centre the members paid millions for 🙄)

Possibly because they better suit the BBC agenda?

I thought the country file feature was suggesting that wj were an irritating crowd funded pain to an underfunded natural England and the country side farming and shooting communities  and what had they achieved, other than a costly nothing and that the whole charade was being discussed later in the year on the way forward and to prevent such crowd funding issues happening again.

That's how I saw it, totally not what I was expecting a favourable report for a change.

Well done Country File.

if natural England Defra etc go after wild justice for fraudulent claims etc and name the directors of the company in their lawsuit the same as hmrc  unless they have de- resigned before the lawsuit they are liable and as with hmrc any director will do  ,so set a precedence for croud funding  for intimidation purposes ,,I may be wrong in this but the tax man is never wrong 

On 22/07/2019 at 03:04, Saltings said:

if natural England Defra etc go after wild justice for fraudulent claims etc and name the directors of the company in their lawsuit the same as hmrc  unless they have de- resigned before the lawsuit they are liable and as with hmrc any director will do  ,so set a precedence for croud funding  for intimidation purposes ,,I may be wrong in this but the tax man is never wrong 

"the taxman is never wrong" eh?.......Oh yes he is!.... years ago, I was involved in an action against him, that had him over, initially internally, and then at every stage all the way up to the appeal court! Lol!

30 minutes ago, mick miller said:

More clout than an organisation with an 8 million pound fighting fund though. 

But they can lie all they like and lose nothing,   one wrong legal battle and 8 million goes nowhere and they have won by default  -   think about it!

Edited by Yellow Bear

Yes. He has also commented that ‘a Yorkshire Mum’ may not be doing right by her children because she feeds them meat she has shot. 

Unless I’m mistaken the ‘Mum’ is Dave Carries’ daughter.

They are contriving to resuscitate the entire lead shot campaign. It’s never going to go away.

This eternal interference into how some people wish to lead their lives is annoying beyond belief.   

Edited by Scully

More anti shooting propaganda, nothing wrong with shot meat, chew it properly and spit out any pellets you might find, simple! There are lots of mums out there doing wrong by their children by feeding them processed junk food and that includes vegans. Their choice; our choice to eat shot meat.