Proper carts v Cheddite rapid

I can switch between the two no problem.

Georges clay carts he is producing are copied on the Mach 3, I ordered 20,000 for practice if he could copy the mach 3 speed.

They pattern slightly tighter due to the 4 petal wad, so my scores (chips included) improve with Mach 3's, my competition choice.

The rapeeds however are now my chosen fibre load where required!

I’m staying with rapeeds . I was at a simulated day on Sunday , I was breaking clays at range . My mate who was loading for me said I’ve never shot so well . Cartridges....... well maybe , but my confidence is now up 

I prefered the Cheddite Universal Trap over the Rapede's. 

Not much of a copy of Mach3 if the wads are completely different and pattern tighter. Suppose with 20 thousand to get through you'll get used to them and be a better shot for it.

Salmo not a clue. Not bought any for a while I been using Gilsan Stingers fiber wad carts.

They were the Cheddite budget 28g cartridges before they released the 27g Rapede.

Just checked Malmö the importers and the Universal Trap 28g are 200 a thou the Rapede's 27g 192 a thou.

2 hours ago, figgy said:

I prefered the Cheddite Universal Trap over the Rapede's. 

Not much of a copy of Mach3 if the wads are completely different and pattern tighter. Suppose with 20 thousand to get through you'll get used to them and be a better shot for it.

Hi figgy it was only the speed he copied. Ps they are long gone.

• 1 year later...
On 12/04/2021 at 20:38, Westley said:

I too use nothing but Cheddite cartridges, picking up 6,500 tomorrow.

There's a man after my own heart. We only use Cheddite universal trap 28g 7s felt wad , just because they are the cheapest . Also,Malmo is only 15 minutes up the road from our clay shoot

21 hours ago, Diver One said:

There's a man after my own heart. We only use Cheddite universal trap 28g 7s felt wad , just because they are the cheapest . Also,Malmo is only 15 minutes up the road from our clay shoot

It was only 40 minutes for me, but I was meeting someone there at 1.30pm and could not get away until 1.00pm, so a heavy right foot was called for  !       :whistling:

If you are shooting sporting, try some of the U/T 28 or 24 gm 8's in either wad format.  I recently shot with the Oro Trap in 8 1/2's and plastic wad................Awesome cartridges   !

• 3 weeks later...