How many do you reload?

I had to wait in the other day for someone to come round, so I killed time by knocking up some rounds. I'm not a target shooter, so I don't get through that many, but I ended up making 60 rounds of 223 and 48 rounds of 22 hornet - yes 48, not 50 as that's all the 35gr v-max I had left. Not good for my OCD. 

These will keep me going for some time, but once you've got all the gear out and got into the rhythm it's quite relaxing.

How many do you make up at a time?

20190706_174405.jpg.4e8b178c9789feb0cec2391a01e30ac1.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a Dillion xl650,  so 8-900 of 223 per hour.  If I crack a keg of powder then I run the whole thing.  I get about 2200 rds per keg.  Some nights if I’m loading with friends we will do 2 kegs.  This is just behind the house shooting up a car ammo.  If I’m loading for accuracy then I single stage about 100.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Must be a Yank thing 😄

You all are missing out.  There is a order that we follow.  You buy a car for under $500.  Then we rally them around the woods until they are not mobile.  Sometimes we wreck them less then a day.  Then we destroy them.  This step is flexible. Some times we run them over with our trucks.  Shoot them, or hit them with hammer.  Then we scrap them. 

7 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

You all are missing out.  There is a order that we follow.  You buy a car for under $500.  Then we rally them around the woods until they are not mobile.  Sometimes we wreck them less then a day.  Then we destroy them.  This step is flexible. Some times we run them over with our trucks.  Shoot them, or hit them with hammer.  Then we scrap them. 

Sounds fun, in the UK about about 5 years in jail time though = not fun :lol:

3 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

What could possibly be illegal about that?  I mean if you did it in a grocery store parking lot then yes.  But in your own back yard? 

Various environmental laws, improper use of firearms, health and safety violations, noise and neighbour issues.

I was half joking about the prison sentence, but, we are a small country, if you tried anything  like that, some one would be along quick time to stop you, and probably give you a massive fine, even on your own property.

We have a thing call rights of way/public bridleways ect, a member of the public can walk right across your land if one exists on it, and theres nothing you can do about it.
Quite often you can be shooting quite legally, and they will call the cops on you, because they think youre doing something wrong.

You start shooting up a car, or driving it around woods, even your own woods, someones going to get excited about it.

And not in a good way.

If you shot up a car in UK, even your own car on your own property, you would be deemed unsuitable to own firearms and never be allowed a gun again.

And quite right too, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

On 16/07/2019 at 12:35, London Best said:

If you shot up a car in UK, even your own car on your own property, you would be deemed unsuitable to own firearms and never be allowed a gun again.

And quite right too, in my opinion.

Why?  What’s different from shooting glass windows vs shooting a glass bottle? Clay shooting in essence is throwing clumps of pressed dirt into the air to shoot at.  Should clay shooters be barred from gun ownership?  

Not everyone can embrace cultural differences .. but I think I could have a good go at this one!

I only reload for fowling .. so 50 a time for the 12, and 10 ...

I've a block that holds 15 for the 8 bore , and that's no more than 10 minutes work and keeps me going for a while.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Most of us don’t shoot at glass bottles either!  How do you clean up the mess?

Actually it would probably be illegal on some technicality or other to shoot at glass bottles, do they count as lawful quarry? It would certainly get you thrown off any range pretty quickly.

Plus any car you could buy for $500 is probably worth double or treble that in parts if you sold them on the internet. So old cars don't get dumped anymore.

Edited by Vince Green

I started shooting in 1960 and can honestly say I have never shot at a glass bottle, even with an air gun as a kid. Bottle tops or wine corks whilst plinking, yes, but not glass. Shooting cars and stuff such as our transatlantic friend is suggesting isn’t shooting as we know it this side of the pond. Over here that would be classed as just mindless vandalism.  

To me, that is the difference between a ‘shooting man’ and a ‘gun nut’.

Without wishing to sound critical of other people’s tastes/hobbies, I personally have no interest whatsoever in owning military style firearms designed purely for one purpose only, that is, killing people. Much as I like sporting guns, and believe me, I love guns.

6 minutes ago, London Best said:

Without wishing to sound critical of other people’s tastes/hobbies, I personally have no interest whatsoever in owning military style firearms designed purely for one purpose only, that is, killing people. Much as I like sporting guns, and believe me, I love guns.

Did you never have a handgun then, before they were banned ?
What sporting use were they designed for ?

11 minutes ago, London Best said:

I love my guns to, love any excuse to nip down to the local rfd and have a handle of whatever he's got in new, I love any excuse to go out with then gun in my arm, but with regards to the 'style' of the firearm, I don't see the problem? It wasn't all that long ago that military rifles wernt to dissimilar to sporting rifles? 

Let's face it, they are all designed to kill, whatever the quarry, for want of a better word, might me. Just because one happens to look like a 'modern' military rifle I can't say I'm inclined to look at it any differently. 

Edited by Farmboy91

I wouldn’t call breaking glass vandalism  if I own the glass.  I call it shooting trash.  You are not limited to modern sporting rifles.  It’s also fun with shotguns, bolt actions, and hand guns.  My guns are defense tools.  They are no more dangerous then a hammer.  If you are worried that you might murder someone with a hammer then you shouldn’t own one. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

33 minutes ago, London Best said:

I just think that being seen with ‘military look’ firearms does our (UK) image as sportsmen no good at all.

Tikka TAC 1 Sporting/range rifle

Image result for tikka tac 1

Bergara B14  HMR Sporting/range rifle

Image result for bergara hmr

I could go on, are these rifles too military looking for you ?
Should they be banned because they give us a bad look ?