"im mainly old skool"

ditchman

This is the "Tutorial" for today girls and boys...:lol:

have found my old cherry wood catapult.............pics are explanatory  but please feel free to ask questions and hurl abuse

This will also be available on "The open University" web-site...under model 3....Country wide sciences level four advanced...

i shall finish off later when i have dun my shoppin

old skool 001tn_.JPG

old skool 002tn_.JPG

old skool 003tn_.JPG

old skool 004tn_.JPG

old skool 005tn_.JPG

old skool 006tn_.JPG

old skool 007tn_.JPG

old skool 008tn_.JPG

old skool 009tn_.JPG

old skool 010tn_.JPG

old skool 011tn_.JPG

old skool 012tn_.JPG

old skool 013tn_.JPG

old skool 014tn_.JPG

old skool 015tn_.JPG

old skool 016tn_.JPG

old skool 017tn_.JPG

Edited by ditchman

Jobs a gooden....................this has got to be the shortest thread i have ever done......all done and Tightchoke aint even out of bed :lol:

when im inj my new home i will make a Holland&Holland version of a catapult...made from chosen antler and finished with a polished bronze end plate .."Ditchman style"...cool eh :cool1:

PS

just zeroed it in and it is "wicked"

catapult 001tn_.JPG

catapult 002tn_.JPG

catapult 003tn_.JPG

catapult 004tn_.JPG

catapult 005tn_.JPG

catapult 006tn_.JPG

catapult 007tn_.JPG

catapult 008tn_.JPG

catapult 009tn_.JPG

catapult 010tn_.JPG

catapult 011tn_.JPG

catapult 012tn_.JPG

Ive has a couple cheapie plastic and metal ones in the past, more than once the elastic/rubber  has snapped and I've taken my own left hook to the snout 😂 

Tend to stick to shotguns now so I can keep my face away from the dangerous end haha. 

Edited by Farmboy91

10 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ive has a couple cheapie plastic and metal ones in the past, more than once the elastic/rubber  has snapped and I've taken my own left hook to the snout 😂 

Tend to stick to shotguns now so I can keep face away from the dangerous end haha. 

chicken....:lol:

Nice trick with the screws and at the pouch end for fixing the elastic, I used to double the elastic back and whip it with button thread. Whichever way you do it this is where the elastic breaks.

Modern fishing cattys have nice little plastic mouldings for this but that would be cheating on a fine cherry wood piece such as this :no:

yew suffok bois are all big girl blouses...:lol:

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

We call it self preservation South of the border..... 😉 

Just now, dead eye alan said:

Another  fine job Simon now what you going to use as amo, ball bearings was my choice. Some yoused nuts but I always thought one nut on the end of a gadder was enough! 😁

3/4" gravel and 3/4" UNF nuts are the prefered ammo for cuontry terrorists

43 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

😂 We get them blouses on special order from you know who! 

i hope she has washed em first........

she also does a "thursday special" on knickers as well...(unwashed ofcoarse)

Edited by ditchman

Cant see any notches on the handle my boi , or are they only reserved for special occasions like downing an ole long tail , also I am a bit dubious about the quality of the elastic:hmm: , mind you, it is most likely to be far better than the 3/16 square type we used to buy from Southebys in Middle Market Road , now that's going back a bit :yes: 

28 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

Kerbooom !   :good:You'll be able to pick off the ferals on the sugar beet factory Ditchy . 

I nipped in and saw the butcher today at Acle. Picked up some gret ol' pork chops and lamb cutlets. He's in fine form and sends his regards.  

if you use 3/4" genuine norfolk gravel ...its like been hit by a slow moving .458 Winchester.........cept you can hear it a' comin as it sizzles thro the air ..:lol:

had a couple of chops off him a while ago ...and made some fresh apple sauce for em' ......beautifool.......

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

she also does a "thursday special" on knickers as well...(unwashed ofcoarse)

So that's where the elastic comes from. I thought that coil of it in the first photos was not a standard size :hmm: