Fed Up Now.......

wymberley

.....but perhaps spending some dosh will cheer me up.

I figured that the 57 X-Trail Adventura would see me out with the shooting and all was looking good. It wasn't perfect as my day to day driving plus use on the farm meant I had to molly-coddle the DPF - frequent trips up the M5 for no other good reason. However, I hadn't banked on a need to use it even more on the farm which isn't going to help matters. The arthritis is making itself felt which means less walking - especially in the soft where the cows have been - and we won't even mention the add on that this disease can cause which apparently I've also been lucky enough to develop and is possibly going to make life even more difficult - still waiting for the medics to determine the possible extent and consequences of this.

Therefore, the X-Trail has to go and I'm now looking a petrol power. I've had a look at everything that I can think of and have settled on a 1.8 TSI Yeti. SE Plus and up will do.

Unless there's something I've missed. Any other suggestions welcome. Top end budget is £11k, but only if necessary, happier at 8 to 9 ish.

35 minutes ago, wymberley said:

.....but perhaps spending some dosh will cheer me up.

I figured that the 57 X-Trail Adventura would see me out with the shooting and all was looking good. It wasn't perfect as my day to day driving plus use on the farm meant I had to molly-coddle the DPF - frequent trips up the M5 for no other good reason. However, I hadn't banked on a need to use it even more on the farm which isn't going to help matters. The arthritis is making itself felt which means less walking - especially in the soft where the cows have been - and we won't even mention the add on that this disease can cause which apparently I've also been lucky enough to develop and is possibly going to make life even more difficult - still waiting for the medics to determine the possible extent and consequences of this.

Therefore, the X-Trail has to go and I'm now looking a petrol power. I've had a look at everything that I can think of and have settled on a 1.8 TSI Yeti. SE Plus and up will do.

Unless there's something I've missed. Any other suggestions welcome. Top end budget is £11k, but only if necessary, happier at 8 to 9 ish.

Rav4?

Been looking into this for weeks now. Have not had to look for a car for nigh on 20 years - simply got X Trails (3) from my local dealer. It's a mine field, I fancy. At one time a SUV was 4x4 by default but now you haven't a clue and the adverts don't help. However, out of the blue (literally) I think one just jumped out at me - am just waiting for the dealer to call me back.

2 hours ago, Penelope said:

Rav4?

In common with other makes I got fed up trying to decide which model did or did not have 4x4.

1 hour ago, KronKron said:

Depends what you need in terms of size and capability.

Fiat Panda 4x4, reasonably cheap and capable if a bit small?

Yep, but too small.

Barring the unforseen, I think I have it sorted. Even think that 'er indoors might like it. :yahoo:

15 minutes ago, figgy said:

How big does it have to be? A used Suzuki Jimny is fantastic for round farms as small light and very capable. Back seats go down and you can throw all sorts in.

Gave that some serious thought but we do a few longish trips usually with a boot full in one direction or the other if not both - why is it with kids that have nice big houses of their own they want to store most of their "stuff" in my small bungalow?

A 62 plate Elegance jumped right out at me and which is exceptionally well spec'd. It's being delivered here from the SE and the X-Trail taken in part exchange so my outlay ended up at 6k. Could have done better, but in the circumstances I'm happy to pay for convenience.