Fishing`s getting better, but not by much

henry d

Went out yesterday as the weather and no work/other stuff getting in the way.

Lot of weed in the water close to the shore but clearer further out, so it should be good for using lures, my favourite! A few small codling in the 1-2lb range from the off to large SGSE/evostix, small metal and small slugs, infact anything as my waterwolf camera shows them attacking the lead weight and the camera!

Moved off to about a mile out and dropped a minnow with two small slugs on short droppers above and watched it drop down on the fishfinder, but it was hit just before the bottom and the fight was on. Great solid head shakes after a thundering run made me think "Cod!" and a couple of minutes later it surfaced and was well hooked so unlikely to throw the hook. I kept this fish and started another drift and soon had a pollack of about 4lb, which was returned, however shortly after the tide really slowed down, but the Hobie can be peddled while fishing to keep the lures working, unfortunately this seemed to attract the smaller fish.

Anyway its fish supper tonight :D

IMG_0240r.jpg

IMG_0241r.jpg

IMG_0243r.jpg

IMG_0246r.jpg

IMG_0249r.jpg

I have to drive a minimum of 70 minutes to get to the coast, all change next year when we hope to be 1-2 miles away, I feel your pain!

Forgot to say tonight's tea was stunning, bread crumbed cod n chips with peas

Edited by henry d

On 17/07/2019 at 22:59, henry d said:

I have to drive a minimum of 70 minutes to get to the coast, all change next year when we hope to be 1-2 miles away, I feel your pain!

Forgot to say tonight's tea was stunning, bread crumbed cod n chips with peas

2 1/4 hours on average but that’s most coastlines. 

Skeggy 3 hours, wales 2.5, Somerset 2.5, Southampton 2.5 . 

Not good but at least you can hit 3 out of 4 compass points and good ones at that. Northerly wind's give me a few miles of coastline in Fife, I could fish, East, West, is similar to you, southerly and I need to go to the Moray firth or further north.