Dog Biting

The Heron

Okay so she doesn’t do it with you - is she with your partner all day and only sees you in the evening? What breed is she? Do you have young kids about?

It’s highly unlikely (albeit a negligible chance of being possible) that it’s out of aggression.

Please could you give a bit of background as there are many reasons including being over tired, over stimulated etc etc x

Edited by bigbird

55 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Okay so she doesn’t do it with you - is she with your partner all day and only sees you in the evening? What breed is she? Do you have young kids about?

It’s highly unlikely (albeit a negligible chance of being possible) that it’s out of aggression.

Please could you give a bit of background as there are many reasons including being over tired, over stimulated etc etc x

She is with me all morning as my partner has to go out there are no kids about but when we go for a morning walk she meets lots of kids with their parents going to school and they all want to stroke her there are never any problems she gets really ancious wating for my partner to come home and goes mad when she comes home but then it turns into biting. 

Thats what puppies do. Watch a bunch of pups ogether and they will be mouthing each other. Their little teeth are like needles so be carefull with kids.

As said above, stop play, tap on nose and a distinct NO!!!....not a wuffly duffly response let the pup know you are not amused. At that age the pup should be sitting to command as well so  from playtime to behaviour/training time.  All the pups I have had (in the teens) by that age they are sitting waiting to be told they can eat their food.  Not hard just persistence and clarity.

Do it now and you will be quids in come proper work time.

I have found with most of ours when pups if you let out a really loud yell as if hurt when they try biting/bite it normally puts them off very quickly. This doesn't  work for all of them though.

Another possibility is if your pup is over stimulated when your partner comes home, get them to ring you before they come in and put the puppy on a lead. Soothe the puppy, talking quietly and make him calm down before your partner comes to him.

12 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I have found with most of ours when pups if you let out a really loud yell as if hurt when they try biting/bite it normally puts them off very quickly. This doesn't  work for all of them though.

Another possibility is if your pup is over stimulated when your partner comes home, get them to ring you before they come in and put the puppy on a lead. Soothe the puppy, talking quietly and make him calm down before your partner comes to him.

+1

My partner had exactly the same. 

She was at work all day then would get excited when she got home to play with the pup, the pup would play with her, get wound up from the excitement and nip her. 

He never did it to me because I didn’t get over excited and get him wound up. 

She then thought he was a devil dog that just tried to bite her when she was being nice and playing with him. I told her to tone down the excitement, and stop playing with him when he nipped. 

She was consistent and stopped playing if he nipped and also didn’t get him too excited and then he soon settled down as he got older. 

Lots of pups go through these stages but you really need to self-reflect and see what kind of behaviour or interaction sets it off. 

On 18/07/2019 at 04:27, loriusgarrulus said:

Yes, I believe that I have heard you  !    😮