This should generate some interest on here.....

Perazzishot

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

You were popping 90 yard pheasants not so long ago so should be easy for you. 

😂😂  Made me laugh. 

I wonder who will win this highly desirable certificate for luckiest shot on the day. 

Do people really not understand how shot gun patterns work ? 

100% doable, but probably 80% luck that out of a completely blown pattern enough pellets hit the target to break it.

For context of the distance if you imagine standing on peg 7 at skeet, it would be the same as shooting at a high house target on the 3rd skeet range down.

Or standing at one end of Twickenham’s pitch and shooting a clay at the other end.

7 hours ago, grrclark said:

100% doable, but probably 80% luck that out of a completely blown pattern enough pellets hit the target to break it.

For context of the distance if you imagine standing on peg 7 at skeet, it would be the same as shooting at a high house target on the 3rd skeet range down.

Or standing at one end of Twickenham’s pitch and shooting a clay at the other end.

It's almost inconceivable that at that range more than one pellet would find the mark (by luck rather than judgement) and even if two did, it's inconceivable that they would have arrived at the exact same moment AND hit the same area in order for them to benefit from the extra oomph of kinetic energy.

This is beyond silly, find a suitable barn on one of your farms (don't worry about damaging it so no need to ask the owner as such), cover one side with paper or cardboard, walk back 130 yards and fire a 32g load of 7's 😑  then come and tell us the resulting "pattern" is anywhere near  distinct enough to assume a hit is anything other than random strikes, not saying the "winner" won't have to hold straight, just that such records can conceivably be won by our collective grans. 

9 hours ago, Hamster said:

It's almost inconceivable that at that range more than one pellet would find the mark (by luck rather than judgement) and even if two did, it's inconceivable that they would have arrived at the exact same moment AND hit the same area in order for them to benefit from the extra oomph of kinetic energy.

This is beyond silly, find a suitable barn on one of your farms (don't worry about damaging it so no need to ask the owner as such), cover one side with paper or cardboard, walk back 130 yards and fire a 32g load of 7's 😑  then come and tell us the resulting "pattern" is anywhere near  distinct enough to assume a hit is anything other than random strikes, not saying the "winner" won't have to hold straight, just that such records can conceivably be won by our collective grans. 

Don’t disagree Hamster, the target will be shot and broken, assuming it is full face and spinning, but other than approximating having the shot in the right patch of sky there the skill ends and the luck begins.

11cm is a very small object at 130yds amidst some very big holes in the pattern.

19 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Ginger if you think 60 yards is the range of a shotgun, I would challenge you to bare your **** at 100yds and have it shot if you are that certain!

The result would require a trip to A&E without a doubt!

I've been shot at about 100 yards from a shotgun and it stun very lightly on my t shirt. It was no 6 shot and 30 g. I got hit once on my upper arm.  It didn't leave a mark. I was walking the hedge to pick a long bird that dropped and my mate shot a low one. No one's fault really and it hurt  a teeny tiny but more than falling shot on a clay range. Being shot with a gat gun when a child hurt considerably more. 

The hedge either side of me rustled for about 15 yards either side so one can only guess at the immense spread through his half choke. 

Moving up to 3s or 4s and beyond then yes that would smart however the pattern would be so laughable at that range you may as well close your eyes as you shoot. 

If I were shooting game then yes 60 yards is the max range, preferably 40.  I don't need to exercise my ego when I shoot.