Game Shoot Management - Accounts

Some years ago I ran a medium sized shoot.  I used a programme called Quicken.  Not sure if it is still available, but at that time it was inexpensive, quite simple to use, and liked by the VAT Inspector, who new it and found it clear and useful.

I use a freeware program called "Open Office" it  does all the stuff that excell does just in case you haven't got excell. It was very easy to set up a spread sheet accounting page and have used it for years with all my airgun club incomes ,out goings and sundrry stuff on it.

May help.

FB

Was faced with the same dilemma with a request from the other guns for transparency in my first year as shoot capt. Simple spread sheet showing ins and outs which will match 99% to the bank statement anyway.

Its straight forward but how much would you hold over as “ sinking fund” to cover large one off costs in the future. Historically it’s always been the solution to push up the fees but this doesn’t make for good value

On 18/07/2019 at 11:16, Lloyd90 said:

We just have a cash book for our shoot. 

Its cant get deleted, edited etc. 

If it is a non commercial operation then a simple cash/accounts book should cover it.  There aren't likely to be that many transactions.  Simple and as said incorruptable.  Then not difficult to scan the pages and print sufficient for each member at the AGM.

Edited by Walker570