Sign in to follow this  
Archie-fox

Best midge repellant

Morning all,

out stalking yesterday and I was almost eaten alive by midges, so much so I gave up after a few hours... what are people using to keep them at bay? Cheers 

Deet only one that works.

I've used Avon skin so soft and it don't work all the time. It's a deterrent if they're not that hungry.  

Anything with a high deet content works well. I use Tesco’s own repellant thinks it’s 30/40% and it works fine. Jungle formula is good too but much more expensive.

Things I’ve tried and found not to be great are smidge and Avon skin so soft as neither helped me or the other guys in our shoot. 

jungle formula and if you have access to a costco, its not badly priced... two bottles plus an afterbite

Edited by nic

Slightly plump fair skinned female ( youngish if possible) I prefer ginger, get her slightly out of breath (use your favourite method, ) then remove all her clothing & stand her a few yards away  ,never fails.

1 minute ago, williamwansbeck said:

Frost seems to work very well

I agree with the sentiment of your post - its a bit early to be worried about midges methinks!