Extinction Rebellion

ShootingEgg

I have the joy of working in The centre of Bristol, and this week even though cycling to work has been a nightmare. Yesterday they blocked the main motorway into the city. They have dumped a bright pink boat on the cereal bridge of the city closing three roads in the process. 

Now, whether you support them or not, they have scored a huge own goal, not letting emergency services vblue lighting through and also one person that has made themselves known, did not make it to the hospital to see their father before he passed away. Not to mention over 4miles of tail backs of vehicles sat idle running. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-49015252

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Already have done. They might stand for right reasons but the methods used are wrong

I suppose it gives them something to do with their time as it seems that working for a living is beneath their dignity.

As for the right reasons; they simply haven't got a clue about what climate change means or what causes it.

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

I have the joy of working in The centre of Bristol, and this week even though cycling to work has been a nightmare. Yesterday they blocked the main motorway into the city. They have dumped a bright pink boat on the cereal bridge of the city closing three roads in the process. 

Now, whether you support them or not, they have scored a huge own goal, not letting emergency services vblue lighting through and also one person that has made themselves known, did not make it to the hospital to see their father before he passed away. Not to mention over 4miles of tail backs of vehicles sat idle running. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-49015252

You also forgot to mention the major fire at the Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway that morning which shut down the Northern access from the M way to the residential/industrial areas etc heading South for most of the day. The Protesters have indeed scored an own goal in that people had to endure even more traffic pollution and blocked side streets as rat runs were trying to be used (and failed) than normal. I guess most of these protesters will be taking their families away on their holidays shortly, catching the planes that they expect to be there and complaining about the ticket prices and the rest of us prolls getting in the way. They haven't a clue about the causes and the remedies to try and change global warming. How much of their life styles would they be prepared to change? I bet they wouldn't give up their mobile phones which consume a vast amount of rare earth metal, most of which come from China at vast cost to the environment.

I went to my gun club yesterday afternoon which is 20 miles from me on Mendip (I live near Cribbs causeway) Had I not had another appointment South of Bristol I would have gone home, as it was I didn't get to my club until 1900 and I had left at 1600. A lot of my shooting club colleagues, who are working trades people, had to write the day off being stuck in jams they couldn't get out of. How they described the protesters I can only leave to your imagination, needless to say they were not seen in a positive light. 

FB 

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

If they are causing an obstruction, why don't the police have a duty to clear the obstruction?

Penalty for wilful obstruction.

(1)If a person, without lawful authority or excuse, in any way wilfully obstructs the free passage along a highway he is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding [F1level 3 on the standard scale].

10 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

One driver was arested in Tuesday early evening for not stopping, rolling towards them revving. 

Should of just sat still with hand brake on. As by rolling towards them caused them fear & panic poor little snowflakes. So plod nic's him instead of moving the numpties that are holding people against their will.

1 minute ago, fse10 said:

Should of just sat still with hand brake on. As by rolling towards them caused them fear & panic poor little snowflakes. So plod nic's him instead of moving the numpties that are holding people against their will.

Are these the same "snowflakes" that make a big fuss about "kettling" and complain it holds people without reason or their consent?

1 minute ago, fse10 said:

then would be able to round them up & arrest them as & when

As I understand the post above re obstruction - they could be arrested now IF the police were mindful to .......... indeed, why the police aren't clearing the obstruction seems one of the burning questions to me.

9 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

As I understand the post above re obstruction - they could be arrested now IF the police were mindful to .......... indeed, why the police aren't clearing the obstruction seems one of the burning questions to me.

Manpower is the simple answer,they need a couple of police for each arrest, they don't have the facilities to hold large amounts of people, so it's easier for them to contain in one place with a few dozen officers.

Take 1 skip, pull up next to boat, 4 men with chainsaws, bits of boat in skip, same withangle grinders, chop trailer up, in skip job done, would only be done once, also these air wasters all have nike trainers on their feet & fancy mobile phones.

Edited by guzzicat