Pard 019

Rewulf

On 19/07/2019 at 20:51, the poacher said:

What's the review on this spotter..clarity ..distance ect...

Ive hung fire on answering this, because some issues have popped up, and I wanted clarity on how bad the issues actually are.

The pro's.

They are light and comfy to hold, the IR is awesome, you can 'see' out past 200 yards with ease.
The controls are simple, and the camera and screen (640x 800 ) are good.

The cons.

Theres one, no ocular eye adjustment, the eyepiece has a lens that magnifies the screen, so in effect the focus range is dependent on eyesight, good 20/20 vision and you will have no problems whatsoever, short or long sighted people will have to hold the unit away from your eye to get proper focus, its useable without doing that, and PARD are saying this is how it was designed to be used, but  I dont believe most people are going to find it acceptable.
Im slightly short sighted, and have to hold it a couple of inches away, which isnt exactly a problem, but not how you would think a unit like this would work.
Its a shame because if they had put the adjustment in , it would have been a great unit.

Having said that, Ive sold 3 so far , and only one is coming back, the other 2 have said they have no issues ?

• 3 weeks later...

Adding a +2 or occasionally a +4 lens to the 019, sorts out the eye relief issues  now , and turns the spotter into a genuine near eye unit , with much improved clarity.
Of course , if your eyesight is good, and you dont require glasses for reading or driving you wont need them.

The lens fits inside the eye cup and you wouldnt know its there, its also removable.
Ill supply them with the unit FOC at the same price.

Other retailers are asking customers to acquire their own lens at their own expense to 'fix' the problem for themselves.

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to dd to this post, my pal bought one a couple of weeks ago and as said by Rewulf, the screen has no focus adjustment but my pal got a set of add-on lenses to address this issue. It is a matter of seconds to put the lens in the bellows and seat it, just change them until you have the optimum focus for you. A quick and very easy fix which then gives you a cracking spotter, some dealers will give a set of lenses with the 019 but if not, they can be bought on ebay for about a fiver.

One other thing, the IR torch pulls forward to change from spot beam to close flood but they can be very stiff, if fact we didn't think it moved at all until his Pard 008 arrived and we saw how that operated so a firm but gentle pull and we were away.

Good value bit of kit with an 18650 battery, a spare is very cheap ( about £5-7) which when you compare to the like of Pulsar, well no comparison.

Phil

On 22/07/2019 at 10:15, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, that is the only reason i would have bought one, no diopter adjustment, my day scopes/photon i can still use without specs as have this adjustment, having said that for those with good eye sight as Rewulf mentioned it as good unit, 

hello, on reflection i  now have one so this is an update, anyone that needs reading glasses may need to use with the 019, if you have a magnifying lens fitted it can mist up in between the 2 lenses on a cold night, i bought some 3 X reading glasses and mist/fog spray, the I/R i find best with the cap pulled out half way for a good 200yards, it can be tricky to get front lens adjustments, mine is for night time use only in black and white screen, i purchased 2 Q30 flat top batteries, £10 in local vape shop, the one provided i use in my torch, have used 3 types over many years 2 mono and a hand held screen type but this is worth getting, a very decent digital night vision spotter 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i know this is an old post on the Pard 019 but i just thought to say if anyone needs an extra 49 mm 2 X 4 X or  ? that fits the front lens i have found a supplier you can buy  as a single item and not the set as on a few links, i just sent for a 4 X, PM if interested,

Amazon sell them singly too, not sure where they come from , but they take ages !
Oh and its the back diopter they fit into , not the front , but I know what you meant .

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Amazon sell them singly too, not sure where they come from , but they take ages !
Oh and its the back diopter they fit into , not the front , but I know what you meant .

hello, the 4 X i ordered is sent from Dublin, about £2.50, could not find any Dublin in China😀

On 06/12/2019 at 18:55, Rewulf said:

Do you have a link? Could do with a couple, cheers! 

hello, just got my 4 X lens, it is better than the original one fitted as its a proper camera screw on, i can see better without my reading glasses than before but much improved with glasses on, another thing to watch is the rubber eye piece that is set in a recess, to save any damage when fitting lens i have used black sparky tape around this area, as for flat top 18650 batteries, i got 2 Q30s from local vape shop for a tenner.

• 3 weeks later...