Cornwall

14 minutes ago, Zimtrout said:

depends on your game really, celtic guns in bodmin have a massive range, mainly clay stuff. Ian Hodge sports at wadebridge has all sorts in it.....more game shooting stuff

I just like a wander round.... Maybe treat myself if something interests me. 

I always like to go to shops in a new area, + I collect cartridges so it's always worth asking to see if they have something tucked away 

Thanks though 👍 

39 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Helston gunsmiths  - specially if you'd like to look at some of the old tanks outside.

As it happens - I was born at Helston lol.

Take the kids into Flambards Theme Park while yer there. You'll likely want to play wi the RC boats and get wet on a log flume etc

30 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I just like a wander round.... Maybe treat myself if something interests me. 

I always like to go to shops in a new area, + I collect cartridges so it's always worth asking to see if they have something tucked away 

Thanks though 👍 

No worries, not native but lived here 14 odd years, recently rekindled my love of shooting

59 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Take the kids into Flambards Theme Park while yer there. You'll likely want to play wi the RC boats and get wet on a log flume etc

Looks like I'll be able to bribe the 7 year old with a trip there in exchange for the trips round the gun shops 😂

35 minutes ago, Zimtrout said:

No worries, not native but lived here 14 odd years, recently rekindled my love of shooting

We haven't visited that part of the country yet but have been itching to go for a couple years now. 

Glad to have you back in the club lol 

1 hour ago, Sako7mm said:

Of course, you know it's illegal to go to Helston without going to Anns Pasties, don't you? A 2 minute drive from Flambards and 4 minutes from Helston Gunsmiths. 

And be sure to sample a pasty fresh from the oven at Philps bakery in Hayle - across the bay from St Ives.

9 hours ago, Sako7mm said:

Of course, you know it's illegal to go to Helston without going to Anns Pasties, don't you? A 2 minute drive from Flambards and 4 minutes from Helston Gunsmiths. 

7 hours ago, Dave-G said:

And be sure to sample a pasty fresh from the oven at Philps bakery in Hayle - across the bay from St Ives.

Guns and pastries, what more could a man want. 

I'll stick both on the list 

Cheers 👍 

Martin Elworthy runs a shop near St Austell. No idea how big it is, but he is a very friendly individual. Shot with him in the 1980s, whilst on holiday - at Roger Abondandalo's ground.

Pasties - try Malcolm Barnecutts - simply the best.

Edited by Gordon R

58 minutes ago, wymberley said:

If you're driving down and need to stop for a break, drop the family at Exeter Services J30 on the M5 while you nip over the road to The Sportsman Gun Centre.

We went in there last year while staying in Devon. Won't be returning lol. 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Martin Elworthy runs a shop near St Austell. No idea how big it is, but he is a very friendly individual. Shot with him in the 1980s, whilst on holiday - at Roger Abondandalo's ground.

I'll give it a look, thanks. 

Were down there for 5 days so ideally I'd like to visit one per day lol. 

5 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Martin Elworthy is appointment only now, small shop but ok. Helston guns good shop with so many different bits and pieces and tanks outside, Ian Hodge fieldsports in Wadebridge is my favourite shop has had a big extension great range of kit and guns. Celtic guns another one worth a visit. 

Another recommendation for Celtic Guns in Bodmin. Not open at weekends though. Keith the owner also has an MOT station attached to the gun shop, so had the car MOT'd whilst I was buying a gun. 

Edited by PhilR

7 hours ago, PhilR said:

Another recommendation for Celtic Guns in Bodmin. Not open at weekends though. Keith the owner also has an MOT station attached to the gun shop, so had the car MOT'd whilst I was buying a gun. 

Now, if I could get a pint there I don't think I'd leave haha