Mid life crisis

team tractor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in it.  I think it's just when you realise your old enough to afford the things you wanted but couldn't afford when you were younger.

What are you hankering for, please don't say a much younger racier wife 😂

Edited by figgy

39 minutes ago, team tractor said:

How old have I got to be to have a mid life crisis ? 

I think I might have entered it 

Unless you plan on dying young, I’d say not before 30🤣

I’m nearly 20 years north of that and encountered / enjoyed several things that many would attribute to mid-life crisis’.

Don’t stress it / them unless they set you on a path of destruction or unhappiness.

1 hour ago, figgy said:

I don't believe in it.  I think it's just when you realise your old enough to afford the things you wanted but couldn't afford when you were younger.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

does it not mean your hangover lasts three days, and you'll never drink again, at least that's what your saying.

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

You forgot the ponytail 😂😊

there is an old boy up the road here that runs a charity stall...and his nickname is "Billy 10 sheds"........he has a pony tail and must be at least 75...........

Just now, ditchman said:

there is an old boy up the road here that runs a charity stall...and his nickname is "Billy 10 sheds"........he has a pony tail and must be at least 75...........

Working with horses all my life always makes me sceptical of them always find the same thing underneath one 🤔😉😂

Thought about a CCM six in one of its guises, but I`d end up dead earlier than I should be, so I bought a kayak and paddle about in the North Sea instead... 🤣

I`ve seen the change of cars/motorbikes before and it usually is a run up to a change of life partner, that is when a mid-life crisis gets really expensive!

2 hours ago, figgy said:

If that’s a midlife crisis, I don’t think I will ever suffer from one. :lol: 

You never know Lord Geordie, you may come into a lot of money or bag a hot young bride.

Oi Ditchy what's wrong with chest hair and gold medallian. 

Now a pony tail is whole different matter it just covers an a hole.

Edited by figgy

My daughter accused me of having one when I started playing hockey again after a 15 year break, at the age of 45 ...

I do have the odd moment when I look at younger folks and think nostalgically about what I used to get up to, which is no longer appropriate, but then quickly thank god for what I have and that I don't have to do it again!!

Team Tractor .. what are your symptoms?

Edited by Smokersmith

Just come back from The Ramblin Man Fair in Kent where more than a few people vented their mid life anguish, albeit only for a couple of wonderful days. Most of the bands were big on the rock scene 20 or 30 years ago (Living Color, The Wildhearts, Foreigner!!) and people dusted off long forgotten denim cut offs that were perhaps a little snug these days and bald men wore bandanas, but it worked and we all generally rocked out like we did years ago, except at 33rpm rather than 45!!

Just because I'm growing old, it doesn't mean i'm growing up!!

I had a mid life crisis when I got me PPI through. 

When I was 17 the car to own was either a Ford Mexico mk1/2 or An RS2000 MK2 but on my apprentice toolmakers wage both where out of my reach, Now I'm 50 and got me PPI through surprisingly both are still out of my reach. MK2 RS2000 in reasonable condition......19 to 22 grand. Mint? don't even go there.

I'm sticking with me fiesta for now.

I think a midlife crisis can be defined by a sense of panic at a certain age, when someone realises life is passing them by much quicker than they thought and they haven't got round to doing all the things they thought they would have by then.

A mates wife ( they had been together since being childhood sweethearts ) reacted by leaving her husband and two kids, in a desperate chance to relive her youth and do the things she had planned which never came to fruition. All is well now, but it took some time and a lot of heartache. 

Don't think I had a midlife crisis. I never wanted the bikes or fast cars, scores of women or loads of money, but after 31 years in a relationship which grew sour and embittered, most of which time was spent expecting my partner to leave and take my kids, the kids left for uni' , I then realised I was now stuck in a relationship with no conversation, no love, no affection, nothing, so I left too. As a mate said when I told him " We're only here once mate ". 

I'm not sure who was the more shocked when it turned out to be me who left, my ex or me!  🤔

40 minutes ago, Scully said:

I think a midlife crisis can be defined by a sense of panic at a certain age, when someone realises life is passing them by much quicker than they thought and they haven't got round to doing all the things they thought they would have by then.

A mates wife ( they had been together since being childhood sweethearts ) reacted by leaving her husband and two kids, in a desperate chance to relive her youth and do the things she had planned which never came to fruition. All is well now, but it took some time and a lot of heartache. 

Don't think I had a midlife crisis. I never wanted the bikes or fast cars, scores of women or loads of money, but after 31 years in a relationship which grew sour and embittered, most of which time was spent expecting my partner to leave and take my kids, the kids left for uni' , I then realised I was now stuck in a relationship with no conversation, no love, no affection, nothing, so I left too. As a mate said when I told him " We're only here once mate ". 

I'm not sure who was the more shocked when it turned out to be me who left, my ex or me!  🤔

hello, a good and interesting post Scully, i understand your mates advice given to each and every one of us at some point in our lives, its how you survive in between

7 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

My daughter accused me of having one when I started playing hockey again after a 15 year break, at the age of 45 ...

I do have the odd moment when I look at younger folks and think nostalgically about what I used to get up to, which is no longer appropriate, but then quickly thank god for what I have and that I don't have to do it again!!

Team Tractor .. what are your symptoms?

Your almost there. Looking at younger people and missing having fun, money etc .

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I think I miss not doing things. I have a wife who’s 26 and I’m encroaching 38 and a great family life. I’ve Started remembering things from my younger years( I know I’m not old) and listening to Phil Collins and bananarama :/ lol 😂

I think I’m sick of working 6 days a week but 4 kids demand a lot of money so I’m stuck there. 

I’m going camping soon with the family in Porthmadog but I think I just miss having a few quid to do it often. 

I watch others and wish I’d done more. Maybe I’m just being silly 

Edited by team tractor