Mid life crisis

team tractor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

You have got married recently.

Lots of work, lots of planning and excitement. You and your Mrs would have been in the thick of it before and on the day and the centre of attention.

Its quieter now and back to the normal world. Its bound to feel a bit empty now it's all done.

I guess your right on that. 

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Lots of work, lots of planning and excitement. You and your Mrs would have been in the thick of it before and on the day and the centre of attention.

Its quieter now and back to the normal world. Its bound to feel a bit empty now it's all done.

This makes a lot of sense, guessing with the wedding having taken time and money and focus your wondering what's next?

Must also be harder doing 6 days a week knowing it's your own business, everyone needs to be able to relax and get away from work, enjoy the camping with the family 👍 

30 minutes ago, Mice! said:

This makes a lot of sense, guessing with the wedding having taken time and money and focus your wondering what's next?

Must also be harder doing 6 days a week knowing it's your own business, everyone needs to be able to relax and get away from work, enjoy the camping with the family 👍 

I can’t wait :) 

As you say - life has been hard/difficult for you over the years:  Love for your kids seems to have been the constant throughout all that and now, you have been blessed with a beautiful young wife who has your best interests at heart and loves you madly.  Take great succour from that my friend and count your blessings daily and continue to enjoy your new great life with the family.

Pushkin:good:

On 24/07/2019 at 09:33, loriusgarrulus said:

marriage is like a hot bath............"get into it slowly..as it takes your breath away...but after a while you get used to it...........then it gets cold/tepid...and you top it up with some extra hot water..."...:lol:

10 hours ago, figgy said:

😂😂😂 or you do something stupid and she adds the extra hot water.

More chance of that. She’s way out of my league honestly, she’s beautiful, amazing body and cook. 

I guess it’s just a matter of time ;)  . I’m having fun while it lasts tho lol. Some nights I just want to sleep .

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

More chance of that. She’s way out of my league honestly, she’s beautiful, amazing body and cook. 

I guess it’s just a matter of time   . I’m having fun while it lasts tho lol. Some nights I just want to sleep .

That seems a strange outlook on your life.

TT I’m 42 and can relate to much of what you’ve posted. I’m married with 2 kids and have certainly had those empty feelings in recent times. 

I reflect on how far I’ve come and how I’m blessed to have a beautiful wife and children. 

We’re  having our house pretty much rebuilt and having our family home knocked about is affecting me more than I thought.

It great to hear the words of others and realise we’re not unique in these feelings. 

Its finding what’s causing them that’s the difficult part!

all the best. 

do wot Figgy do...............just axept it an get a goldmedallion and a stick on airy chest thingy...........

i relised i went thro the "change".........when i decieded to have a wash one day...........queer feeling that was

Edited by ditchman

7 hours ago, Saltings said:

is a mid life crisis  when you stop criticising the old and start criticising the young or is that middle aged😁 

Done that recently too 

8 hours ago, stumfelter said:

That seems a strange outlook on your life.

She’s going no where really , just joking about that bit.

8 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

TT I’m 42 and can relate to much of what you’ve posted. I’m married with 2 kids and have certainly had those empty feelings in recent times. 

I reflect on how far I’ve come and how I’m blessed to have a beautiful wife and children. 

We’re  having our house pretty much rebuilt and having our family home knocked about is affecting me more than I thought.

It great to hear the words of others and realise we’re not unique in these feelings. 

Its finding what’s causing them that’s the difficult part!

all the best. 

Rebuilt my house a few years back . I was excited about paint the walls lol

I think mid life crisis is a misnomer. the crisis seems to hit the over 50's, they are the ones that adopt strange hair styles to compensate for receding hair lines, usually early retired accountants they can also be found astride Harley's often in groups of up to 30. once having left the Tesco cafe they take it in turns overtaking camper vans on blind bends. they seem to like going to John o Groats

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

I think mid life crisis is a misnomer. the crisis seems to hit the over 50's, they are the ones that adopt strange hair styles to compensate for receding hair lines, usually early retired accountants they can also be found astride Harley's often in groups of up to 30. once having left the Tesco cafe they take it in turns overtaking camper vans on blind bends. they seem to like going to John o Groats

Totally with you re bikers. We are plagued with them on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings. Hundreds, literally. When I see them with helmets off at the truckstop, they are all either grey or bald (including the women). Their road-hogging attitude makes me v angry and there's no way I will drive in the gutter to let them past, which seemingly is the reason for their gesticulations when following me. I wont be intimidated and I happily flick the V to them.

On the mid-life crisis point, I have a theory which says that a major contributory factor to middle age dissatisfaction is the realisation that we haven't achieved what modern-day media suggests we should have (luxury holidays several time a year, big fast car etc etc). In reality of course, all we need is reasonable health for ourselves and our families, a roof over our heads, food on the table and some time to relax. Anything else is superfluous IMHO.

1 hour ago, WestonSalop said:

Totally with you re bikers. We are plagued with them on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings. Hundreds, literally. When I see them with helmets off at the truckstop, they are all either grey or bald (including the women). Their road-hogging attitude makes me v angry and there's no way I will drive in the gutter to let them past, which seemingly is the reason for their gesticulations when following me. I wont be intimidated and I happily flick the V to them.

On the mid-life crisis point, I have a theory which says that a major contributory factor to middle age dissatisfaction is the realisation that we haven't achieved what modern-day media suggests we should have (luxury holidays several time a year, big fast car etc etc). In reality of course, all we need is reasonable health for ourselves and our families, a roof over our heads, food on the table and some time to relax. Anything else is superfluous IMHO.

You are right on what’s expected.

i often tell myself I’m lucky that I owe nothing really beside a mortgage and I’m grateful for that.

2 hours ago, WestonSalop said:

Thursday nights at the midway are a nightmare. Can almost guarantee a fatality within a 20mile radius of Prees heath on a Thursday evening. 

TT money doesn’t always make you happy trust me. I work hard and I’m lucky enough to not have to worry about money but just because I have some don’t mean I’m happy. When your dad started his company I can bet you things were not easy for him and he has built the business up to pass onto you as he tries to slow down. It’s now on your shoulders to continue what he started for your family then maybe in time you can do the same. 

46 minutes ago, crossy 666 said:

TT money doesn’t always make you happy trust me. I work hard and I’m lucky enough to not have to worry about money but just because I have some don’t mean I’m happy. When your dad started his company I can bet you things were not easy for him and he has built the business up to pass onto you as he tries to slow down. It’s now on your shoulders to continue what he started for your family then maybe in time you can do the same. 

Funny thing is you and me both started yards away from each other. 

Happy ? You ? 😂😂😂😂 you never smile lol .