Mid life crisis

team tractor

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

Funny thing is you and me both started yards away from each other. 

Happy ? You ? 😂😂😂😂 you never smile lol . 

I chose to not have family because I would be the first to admit I’m selfish. I buy what I want and never worry about what others think of me. I have more toys than I know what to do with but I would not say I’m happy. Yes I have worked hard and have a couple of quid but I wouldn’t say I’m happy. When I go I will probably leave it all to a seal sanctuary you will be leaving behind your legecy hopefully setting your family up and helping them as much as you can as your dad had for you. Who is the richer man ?

Edited by crossy 666

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, crossy 666 said:

I chose to not have family because I would be the first to admit I’m selfish. I buy what I want and never worry about what others think of me. I have more toys than I know what to do with but I would not say I’m happy. Yes I have worked hard and have a couple of quid but I wouldn’t say I’m happy. When I go I will probably leave it all to a seal sanctuary you will be leaving behind your legecy hopefully setting your family up and helping them as much as you can as your dad had for you. Who is the richer man ?

Theres no rules here in my opinion. I have children and have always thought they were the best reason for being alive, they keep me young thinking and entertained. My sister and brother in law dont have children, both semi retired professionals, they can do what ever they like whenever they like [within reason] they are fit and healthy not worn out like me. and dont have the burden of financing their offspring through college etc etc... Instead of a seal sanctuary you could help other worthwhile causes while your still live and kicking !

This thread is getting a bit serious, but since it's show and tell time... Having seen the negative impact of children on friends' lives, I didn't want a child, but got coerced in to it over many years. The first three years were utterly miserable. With no family support, we got very little sleep and weren't able to do any of the things we used to do as a couple, travel, diving, hiking/camping, nights out etc. Everything became ten times harder than it was previously, even going to the supermarket was a major challenge. Our boy was not easy to manage and it got to the point where I was wondering if there was something wrong with him. Wife got terrible postnatal depression and turned into someone I didn't recognise. Five years later, we have a sweet, polite little boy who is a pleasure to be around. We talk about hunting and fishing all the time and he has started joining me on a few adventures. I would not have understood this before becoming a parent, but he is the most important thing in my life now.  

5 hours ago, crossy 666 said:

Me if you leave it to us 😂 lol. 

Its not money or kids dude it’s our age and realising I’ve a feeling of not doing all I wanted or the fact I’ve had to grow up. I’m happy being skint lol

Edited by team tractor

37 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

This thread is getting a bit serious, but since it's show and tell time... Having seen the negative impact of children on friends' lives, I didn't want a child, but got coerced in to it over many years. The first three years were utterly miserable. With no family support, we got very little sleep and weren't able to do any of the things we used to do as a couple, travel, diving, hiking/camping, nights out etc. Everything became ten times harder than it was previously, even going to the supermarket was a major challenge. Our boy was not easy to manage and it got to the point where I was wondering if there was something wrong with him. Wife got terrible postnatal depression and turned into someone I didn't recognise. Five years later, we have a sweet, polite little boy who is a pleasure to be around. We talk about hunting and fishing all the time and he has started joining me on a few adventures. I would not have understood this before becoming a parent, but he is the most important thing in my life now.  

I’ve just had 3 hours fishing with my lad . It was wonderful even tho we caught nothing and he played on his phone for half of it . The water and a quiet night and I’m chilled now drinking a brew. 

He had a go at shooting on a fair earlier and only went and won a big teddy . He managed 6/6 :) proud dad time. The woman was amazed considering he’s 10 . Only a pellet rifle at 2 yards but I couldn’t believe his luck free standing. 

39 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I’ve just had 3 hours fishing with my lad . It was wonderful even tho we caught nothing and he played on his phone for half of it . The water and a quiet night and I’m chilled now drinking a brew. 

He had a go at shooting on a fair earlier and only went and won a big teddy . He managed 6/6  proud dad time. The woman was amazed considering he’s 10 . Only a pellet rifle at 2 yards but I couldn’t believe his luck free standing. 

hello, sounds like a nice evening, :good:enjoy your beer:drinks:

8 hours ago, team tractor said:

Get him catching on a good swim and he'll soon forget his phone👍 

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:30, islandgun said:

Theres no rules here in my opinion. I have children and have always thought they were the best reason for being alive, they keep me young thinking and entertained. My sister and brother in law dont have children, both semi retired professionals, they can do what ever they like whenever they like [within reason] they are fit and healthy not worn out like me. and dont have the burden of financing their offspring through college etc etc... Instead of a seal sanctuary you could help other worthwhile causes while your still live and kicking !

their choice think of the joy passing on what your dad / grandad taught you,  what do they teach any one ,    nought   , the way forward  , their loss,    an enquiring mind  and a thinker (outside the box ) a child thought to think for itself is priceless   ,  selfish people end up alone and nasty  so nasty 

2 hours ago, Imperfection said:

I bought a Playstation 4 yesterday and turn 49 on Saturday...midlife crisis?

I was an avid gamer 20+ years ago,but life etc started to catch up and i stopped at the PS2.

Yup but ps5 is coming out soon 😂. £850 apparently 

3 hours ago, ack-ack said:

Any 'because i'm worth it' impulse buys yet? Thats my benchmark. I've a yard full of them 😂

Trying to buy a caravan lol. I guess that’s skipping mid and going to end of life crisis lol

56 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Trying to buy a caravan lol. I guess that’s skipping mid and going to end of life crisis lol

nothing wrong with that, technically I bought mine for working away but it's also coming in handy over the holidays 😁