Mid life crisis

team tractor

thats not a mid life crisis tt thats just feeling sorry for yourself 

a midlife crisis is getting a fast motorcycle  when you are to scared to ride it  skydiving when you are scared of heights  trying to collect your own harem etc

normal life is hard sometimes  and it does get harder  enjoy your camping with the kids  make the most of it they grow up quick and leave you

if you have got your health and a good family around you   you have done well

Edited by nobbyathome

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I think I miss not doing things. I have a wife who’s 26 and I’m encroaching 38 and a great family life. I’ve Started remembering things from my younger years( I know I’m not old) and listening to Phil Collins and bananarama  lol 😂

I think I’m sick of working 6 days a week but 4 kids demand a lot of money so I’m stuck there. 

I’m going camping soon with the family in Porthmadog but I think I just miss having a few quid to do it often. 

I watch others and wish I’d done more. Maybe I’m just being silly 

This is a simple one to answer, just ask yourself if you'd sooner have four kids or more holidays and toys. If it's the latter you've got problems and if it's the former just crack on and enjoy what you've been blessed with....

1 hour ago, nobbyathome said:

thats not a mid life crisis tt thats just feeling sorry for yourself 

a midlife crisis is getting a fast motorcycle  when you are to scared to ride it  skydiving when you are scared of heights  trying to collect your own harem etc

normal life is hard sometimes  and it does get harder  enjoy your camping with the kids  make the most of it they grow up quick and leave you

if you have got your health and a good family around you   you have done well

I have actually thought about another bike but then I realised I can’t afford it 😞 I looked at bikes I always wanted at 18 like an old Honda MTX 200 2 stroke but I still can’t afford that £500 bike as it’s £3000 now lol

59 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

This is a simple one to answer, just ask yourself if you'd sooner have four kids or more holidays and toys. If it's the latter you've got problems and if it's the former just crack on and enjoy what you've been blessed with....

I love my family 100% more than any possessions and wouldn’t swap them for anything in the world. 

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

I think I miss not doing things. I have a wife who’s 26 and I’m encroaching 38 and a great family life. I’ve Started remembering things from my younger years( I know I’m not old) and listening to Phil Collins and bananarama  lol 😂

I think I’m sick of working 6 days a week but 4 kids demand a lot of money so I’m stuck there. 

I’m going camping soon with the family in Porthmadog but I think I just miss having a few quid to do it often. 

I watch others and wish I’d done more. Maybe I’m just being silly 

Plenty of others will look and and wish for what you have.

2 minutes ago, figgy said:

Plenty of others will look and and wish for what you have.

I do realise I’m a lucky man don’t get me wrong but I have an empty feeling inside.  It’s a strange feeling . I have an awesome wife and I mean awesome, beautiful kids, house, my perfect van I dreamed about but feel empty. 

5 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I do realise I’m a lucky man don’t get me wrong but I have an empty feeling inside.  It’s a strange feeling . I have an awesome wife and I mean awesome, beautiful kids, house, my perfect van I dreamed about but feel empty. 

All work and no play sometimes make you wonder why you do it.

You know how you feel about your parents and spending time with them. Be same for your kids,  hope your empty feeling passes soon.

Edited by figgy

Just now, figgy said:

All work and no play sometimes make you wonder why you do it.

You know how you feel about your parents and spending time with them. Be same for your kids,  hope your empty feeling passed.

Just been out delivering a leg of venison to a very good customer ( he drove into my van and have been friends ever since 😂) I took my 4 year old and I love time with her.  I know how I feel about my parents , I work with them. I wouldn’t wish that on my kids lol 😂 . Poor things 

7 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Sounds like what I'd call a worker and provider blessed with a great family, enjoy them my friend and wait for the grandkids to come along, you'll not feel empty then and all will be revealed as to how fortunate you really are...all the rest is just material possessions gathered along the way ...health is the main gift to see it all fall into place.....

1 minute ago, Keith RW said:

Sounds like what I'd call a worker and provider blessed with a great family, enjoy them my friend and wait for the grandkids to come along, you'll not feel empty then and all will be revealed as to how fortunate you really are...all the rest is just material possessions gathered along the way ...health is the main gift to see it all fall into place.....

Health is what I worry about, I’ve gone from 17st to 15st 6 in 18 months thinking of my kiddies . Grand kids ??? Ha not yet I hope as my oldest is only 13 .  I thought I needed material but I’m realising I don’t 

Im having a getting on for end of life not giving a s-----t crisis. I cant be bothered in being polite or nice, I haven't got time to listen to people lying, or whingeing. i dont bother with fools or people that haven't thought it through, I have no time for pretentious - - -  -, I spend as much money as i can afford on things for memorable times with my family. This approach is derived from knowing so many people that have died in various nasty ways and the realisation that these nasty ways always happen when you least expect it..  get on and enjoy your life, while you can

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Im having a getting on for end of life not giving a s-----t crisis. I cant be bothered in being polite or nice, I haven't got time to listen to people lying, or whingeing. i dont bother with fools or people that haven't thought it through, I have no time for pretentious - - -  -, I spend as much money as i can afford on things for memorable times with my family. This approach is derived from knowing so many people that have died in various nasty ways and the realisation that these nasty ways always happen when you least expect it..  get on and enjoy your life, while you can

This to my mind is the best post so far on this subject and one that I can totally relate to.

Good for you Islandgun.

OB

10 hours ago, islandgun said:

Wise words indeed.

Re-reading this ... I can't help but think that some posts are a bit harsh.

It's clear that TT is having a few negative thoughts, and has turned to this community in the hope of people sharing similar experiences/coping mechanisms etc. It's also clear that in the cold light of day, he knows' where his priorities are. It's good to talk.

In these times when folks are suffering from all sorts of psychological issues, the advice is to speak up, and share ... so BRAVO!!

A shooting buddy of a similar vintage to me has just taken his own life .. no-one I have spoken to saw it coming.

At least us younger folks can look forward to the grumpy old man phase and really not give one anymore!!

4 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Re-reading this ... I can't help but think that some posts are a bit harsh.

It's clear that TT is having a few negative thoughts, and has turned to this community in the hope of people sharing similar experiences/coping mechanisms etc. It's also clear that in the cold light of day, he knows' where his priorities are. It's good to talk.

In these times when folks are suffering from all sorts of psychological issues, the advice is to speak up, and share ... so BRAVO!!

A shooting buddy of a similar vintage to me has just taken his own life .. no-one I have spoken to saw it coming.

At least us younger folks can look forward to the grumpy old man phase and really not give one anymore!!

Cheers ;)  I’ve lost over a dozen friends the past 10 years including one taking his life. Happiest man I knew too.

15 hours ago, islandgun said:

You can’t be bothered in being polite ??? Or nice ? 

Thats the most worrying thing on here. I often work helping others for nothing and help out where I can. I’ve given loads of munty away for free to people that would like some . I help fit disability handles etc for old people for free. I just try to be the best person as I can . 

Being polite is free you know ???  

8 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Cheers ;)  I’ve lost over a dozen friends the past 10 years including one taking his life. Happiest man I knew too.

You can’t be bothered in being polite ??? Or nice ? 

Thats the most worrying thing on here. I often work helping others for nothing and help out where I can. I’ve given loads of munty away for free to people that would like some . I help fit disability handles etc for old people for free. I just try to be the best person as I can . 

Being polite is free you know ???  

Theres a difference in being polite and nice and helping people, which i do on a regular basis. perhaps i should have said being polite to people that don't deserve it

I do wonder what some people expect in life, and this is just an observation and not aimed at any individual, but life doesn't always run smooth and when it doesn't you have to just get on with it, I do believe that people give up too easy and bail, citing all sorts of reasons other than the fact they didn't like it when things got tougher than expected!

23 hours ago, islandgun said:

100%  Hopefully in another 40 odd years TT you will just wonder where it all went to but still like me wish it would continue for ever. It ain't a rehearsal boy...ENJOY!!!

Edited by Walker570

8 hours ago, islandgun said:

Theres a difference in being polite and nice and helping people, which i do on a regular basis. perhaps i should have said being polite to people that don't deserve it

With you entirely on this and previous post and I am 55.

1 hour ago, button said:

I do wonder what some people expect in life, and this is just an observation and not aimed at any individual, but life doesn't always run smooth and when it doesn't you have to just get on with it, I do believe that people give up too easy and bail, citing all sorts of reasons other than the fact they didn't like it when things got tougher than expected!

I haven’t given up trust me but I’m feeling weird . I’ve suffered more than my share of bad luck but I always bounce back. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

100%  Hopefully in another 40 odd years TT you will just wonder where it all went to but still like me wish it would continue for ever. It ain't a rehearsal boy...ENJOY!!!

40 years . Steady on there. I’ll be doing well with my luck 😂 .

I think this is the problem about the speed of life. My parents are getting old and dads health isn’t what it was. My kids are a few years away from leaving school almost and I can’t remember where it went. I’m suddenly realising it’s going quicker than first thought. 

We say our new kit is paid for in 2-3 years but then I think my dads going to be 70 and I’ll be 40 . It’s a scary thought