Herts, Beds, Cambs SGC renewals times

DrBlox

No idea as to how long yours will take but my cert ran out on 05/062019. Sent my renewal off in March, cheque cashed 06/03/2019. Had a letter from the police saying it might be another 8 weeks on 05/06/2019 and I have still heard nothing. This is with Dyfed-Powys.

Good luck 

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, not sure i understand, who is your actual police authority licence dpt ?  

'Ours', in Herts, deals with all three as they "unified" the Firearms depts. for the three constabularies in the name of "efficiency"...

11 minutes ago, Mr gen said:

No idea as to how long yours will take but my cert ran out on 05/062019. Sent my renewal off in March, cheque cashed 06/03/2019. Had a letter from the police saying it might be another 8 weeks on 05/06/2019 and I have still heard nothing. This is with Dyfed-Powys.

Good luck 

So what have you done with your "bang sticks" and "bangers" put them into storage which the local constabulary will, of course, offer you compensation for?

Edited by DrBlox
spooling

15 minutes ago, DrBlox said:

'Ours', in Herts, deals with all three as they "unified" the Firearms depts. for the three constabularies in the name of "efficiency"...

So what have you done with your "bang sticks" and "bangers" put them into storage which the local constabulary will, of course, offer you compensation for?

hello, ok i did not know that, but anyway like so many on here who have asked the same its just a waiting game and not much can be done to change that, i am sure your FEO  will keep you up dated

10 minutes ago, Mr gen said:

The letter also stands as a temporary cert at the bottom of the letter they said that it should be attached to my cert if I needed to buy cartridges. Just over a week to go till the letter runs out I will keep you posted.

Just to clarify that's the letter that says something along the lines of "Dear Mr gen your SGC renewal will be at least three months..."?

I did my renewal through Beds, Herts, and Cambs at the beginning of the year. Sent off everything three months in advance, didn't hear anything until the week before expiry, then a call with the FEO and my new ticket was on the doormat 3 days before the old one expired.

Neighbour who has just put his first application in has been told up to 6 months wait.

16 hours ago, AlistairB said:

I did my renewal through Beds, Herts, and Cambs at the beginning of the year. Sent off everything three months in advance, didn't hear anything until the week before expiry, then a call with the FEO and my new ticket was on the doormat 3 days before the old one expired.

Neighbour who has just put his first application in has been told up to 6 months wait.

Thanks - I think!

From the horse's mouth:

*Due to staff shortages and increased demand, please be aware that we are currently processing new Grant applications received by us in early April.

And see if you can guess just who I've had ring me...

Edited by DrBlox
Adding from

Good as gold: I get my new ticket on Friday and when looking through it I see that they've incorrectly labelled one of my bang sticks (actually my youngest son's Armsan A620) as a 12G (serial numbers are ok). I quickly email the cops pointing this error out and asking how to rectify this (not expecting a reply at 16h50 on a Friday afternoon) and get a reply back saying I should print out this email and send it with my cert back to them. The thing is I promised my son that we would do some clay-bashing at the range this week (I'm abroad the following week) - this would be the first time in about a year we've done any shooting due to undergoing a couple of courses of physio after a car crash - we've been given strict instructions that if we experience any back pain to immediately stop and the physio (ex-mil) also advised us to use the A620 due to its lighter 'kick' (not an issue as it's possibly my favourite gun).

The ground won't let us in without a SGC (of course) so I was thinking of delaying sending off the SGC until I'm away - would I be carrying out an offence if my cert 'incorrectly' identifies the weapon?

43 minutes ago, DrBlox said:

Good as gold: I get my new ticket on Friday and when looking through it I see that they've incorrectly labelled one of my bang sticks (actually my youngest son's Armsan A620) as a 12G (serial numbers are ok). I quickly email the cops pointing this error out and asking how to rectify this (not expecting a reply at 16h50 on a Friday afternoon) and get a reply back saying I should print out this email and send it with my cert back to them. The thing is I promised my son that we would do some clay-bashing at the range this week (I'm abroad the following week) - this would be the first time in about a year we've done any shooting due to undergoing a couple of courses of physio after a car crash - we've been given strict instructions that if we experience any back pain to immediately stop and the physio (ex-mil) also advised us to use the A620 due to its lighter 'kick' (not an issue as it's possibly my favourite gun).

The ground won't let us in without a SGC (of course) so I was thinking of delaying sending off the SGC until I'm away - would I be carrying out an offence if my cert 'incorrectly' identifies the weapon?

Would it be worth giving the ground a ring and asking if they would accept a photocopy explaining your problem? 

How did you get on, did you get to shoot with your son? This week I have received a "permit to possess shot guns". It has my guns listed on it as my cert has but no photo ID. Under this permit I am not allowed to buy or sell any guns but there is no mention of ammunition. The form it is printed on is a firearms form 112 and is issued under section 7 of the fire arms act 1968, it expires October.