Overseas Aid

guzzicat

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

In recent times the UK government have given North ******* Korea millions in financial aid!!!!!! North Korea? Can you Adam an Eve it?

Thats nothing......................4 million quid out of the British aid budget went to our old colony ...the US of A...............yeepee-ky-ayyyyy..............:yahoo: that was last year

Edited by ditchman

2 hours ago, figgy said:

It's not aid it's bribes.  

Pretty much sums it up. Everywhere we send cash to is linked to a deal of some sort. Of course India doesn't need our money but we have keep sending "aid" otherwise they'd send us millions more from their surplus population.

12 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

What’s really fishy is the UK is on our foreign aid list.  Somebody is getting paid somewhere. 

That is fishy. All the same I could use some of that so who in DC do I send my bank account details to? In return I promise to post something complimentary about President Trump.

20 hours ago, henry d said:

Heard that for every $1 spent by the USA reaching the moon the economy was$14 better off by the 80's

For every £ we put into the EU , we get £10 back , allegedly...maybe..

Its what governments say when its plain as day the project was a vast money pit that achieved nothing.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

For every £ we put into the EU , we get £10 back , allegedly...maybe..

Its what governments say when its plain as day the project was a vast money pit that achieved nothing.

Don't know where that figure's come from. I was listening to an economist on the radio recently. There are 28 countries in the EU, 10 of which contribute monetary wise, ( we are the 3rd biggest contributor ), the other 18 take out. The number taking out will grow as other countries join. Taking into account the money we put in minus the money we get back including all the subsidies for farmers etc. We are still paying nearly £26 million per day!

2 minutes ago, supatex said:

Don't know where that figure's come from. I was listening to an economist on the radio recently. There are 28 countries in the EU, 10 of which contribute monetary wise, ( we are the 3rd biggest contributor ), the other 18 take out. The number taking out will grow as other countries join. Taking into account the money we put in minus the money we get back including all the subsidies for farmers etc. We are still paying nearly £26 million per day!

In nett terms we are the 2nd biggest contributor. Typically this is because we've never properly organised our economy around the EU system, whereas the early members - especially France - geared their agriculture to gain maximum advantage from The Common Agricultural Policy set up in 1950. By about 1970, France had massively increased the numbers of qualifying smallholdings such that their average farm size was only about 15 acres compared with about 85 acres here. France might pay slightly more in than us but they get vastly more back out.