110 by the end of the week

fatchap

And the UK has no laws about these temperatures in the workplace. 

Spain etc if it goes above 30 you get sent home.

My van (no air con) will be like a small forge and in London traffic even with the windows open will be unbearable. 

Not looking forward to it at all.

I can see fan sales rocketing.

12 minutes ago, fatchap said:

My van (no air con) will be like a small forge and in London traffic even with the windows open will be unbearable. 

30 in Spain doesn't seem much, they'll never be in work from July till October?

On the Bright side the kids are off and mine are in the garden making dens, tomorrow I'll have a boiler suit on hoping for a breeze.

I work in the construction industry , due to the health and safety nannys we will all be sweating in high viz , boots , gloves , hard hats and whatever .

So when it gets uncomfortably warm we'll all go somewhere cooler - nearest pub to home normally .

i love summertime !

33 degrees here. I got volunteered to babysit the neighbours kid on her new pony. Imagine melting in the heat, being eaten by millions of horse flies and then having your brain melt out of your ears being talked at and too by a trio of pre pubescent girls! Then the wife decides this afternoon is the perfect day to take 3ft off our 7ft high holly hedge. 

I dreaded temperatures like this when working at the Dairy. The by product of cheese making , which is whey, was pasteurised before evaporation and demineralisation and then dried to produce whey powder and concentrate for companies such as Cow & Gate, Farley’s and Mars. The heat needed to evaporate and dry concentrate into powder is phenomenal, which is just about bearable in winter. In Summer it was abysmal.  

I had a driver today saying he was going to refuse to drive a van without ac to Scotland....... I think I won the battle but we shall see if he turns up for work in the morning.  London I get but a motorway trip up North where it’s likely to be 10 degrees cooler was a bit of a **** take

36 minutes ago, al4x said:

I had a driver today saying he was going to refuse to drive a van without ac to Scotland....... I think I won the battle but we shall see if he turns up for work in the morning.  London I get but a motorway trip up North where it’s likely to be 10 degrees cooler was a bit of a **** take

we have a a high of 20c reported this week.. phew !

Were's the British Bulldog attitude gone to these days ??? 

its too warm ! no kiddin its bloomin summer

Its too cold ! yes its bloomin winter. 

Its too wet ! yes its blooming raining. Its becoming a country of mardy bottoms

On 22/07/2019 at 14:30, fatchap said:

Must be newish EU directive ruling in Spain, when I worked there installing new equipment in ford Valencia plant the temp was 40 deg c Inside the factory with the air con on. Some of the locals left for fiesta some didn't. That was the only concession to the mid summer heat.

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Some of the locals left for fiesta some didn't. That was the only concession to the mid summer heat.

I'm sure you meant siesta but being Ford and saying fiesta made me laugh😁😁

Had a shower then used the frozen peas to cool down.

14 hours ago, Scully said:

I dreaded temperatures like this when working at the Dairy. The by product of cheese making , which is whey, was pasteurised before evaporation and demineralisation and then dried to produce whey powder and concentrate for companies such as Cow & Gate, Farley’s and Mars. The heat needed to evaporate and dry concentrate into powder is phenomenal, which is just about bearable in winter. In Summer it was abysmal.  

I worked at an Audi supplier in Mexico in 2016, 38 degrees outside and with 50 odd injection moulding machines inside was around 50 degrees was the limit to do a job in.

Used to think i was a lizard back in west wales, loved the sun and heat as it didn't happen that often living near the coast at the bottom of a mountain range. Now living in Dorset, where its ******* roasting all the time, I can't wait to get out the sun. 

I might enjoy it more, but wearing thick hi-viz padded ppe, whilst strimming or hedge cutting/chainsawing atm is making us drop like flies. Direct sun exposure in 28c for hours on end isn't cleaver, and only allowed 1 break at midday. Council for you... 

Bring on a nice 20c 

Edited by strimmer_13

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:01, welsh1 said:

Got a large portable unit for the conservatory, now pointing into my living room and blowing at 16 degrees, my feet are a bit cold 😂

They are good aren't they? and not too dear now. Mine cost £400 and it can cool the whole flat nicely if you leave it running. A few years back they were over £1000 and not so powerful. Even though it only gets used for a couple of weeks a year its worth it