LED light with PIR

mgsontour

1 hour ago, mgsontour said:

I need just to light up a small back garden, I've got the LAP ones from Screwfix and one has just packed in after 6 months; might try the one from toolstation ( about same price )

Should be under the guarantee at 6 months mine is 2 yrs old with no problems so you may get a better one exchanged if they have improved them

20 hours ago, wisdom said:

Should be under the guarantee at 6 months mine is 2 yrs old with no problems so you may get a better one exchanged if they have improved them

No problems with that, I got my money back but now need a replacement, I was happy with the product ( started going rusty which was the only fault ) until the non-changeable LED's failed

22 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I have a few of these dotted around the garden, surprising output, just screw them to the wall or fence and your done, so easy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgraded-SEZAC-Security-Lighting-Waterproof/dp/B07M8W5C8D/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=led+light+pir+solar&qid=1563961738&s=gateway&sr=8-18

Interesting, I'm not a lover of solar but worth investigating; cheers

On 24/07/2019 at 10:50, rimfire4969 said:

I have a few of these dotted around the garden, surprising output, just screw them to the wall or fence and your done, so easy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgraded-SEZAC-Security-Lighting-Waterproof/dp/B07M8W5C8D/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=led+light+pir+solar&qid=1563961738&s=gateway&sr=8-18

I have some similar (about the size of 2 of those together)

They are actually not too bad, i have 1 by the decking and it provides enough light to sit and have a drink or nibble and the other on the steps 

Got one for £20 of Amazon. They are all pretty similar. Easy enough for me to change from the 500w halogen. And at 20w is bright enough to stop me tripping over in the dark. Most of the garden lights up as I walk around it and none cost more than 20 quid. All are 4+ years old and in all weather's.