Rape stubble

dad

8.30 this morning phone call from a farmer all the rape has been cut over the week end i was still in bed.a quick scurry around take dog for a walk put gear in car and on site by 12.30  29 degrees but a good wind 6 fields of rape birds down and feeding on 5 of them each field has a small copse i was on my own. No obvious flight line birds everywhere decided on tried and tested spot on largest field put a scarer out village end of field and see what happens.enough traffic backwards and forwards to get a busy couple of hours it slowed up at 3pm and i packed up at 4pm farmer started to cut verges 30 birds in the bag and 5 unpicked a good start to harvest.there were more birds to be shot with a bit more effort like more scare crows and earlier start and later finish. I will post a pic of my new scarecrow a spare rotary  rotating it works for me

20190722_162605_compress62.jpg

20190722_131622_compress80.jpg

On 25/07/2019 at 08:37, Lloyd90 said:

Where on rape do you setup mate? 

I went to some fields last night but couldn’t find any flight lines either so setup on some Barley stubble 👍🏻

Useually where there is cover and favourable wind if i can and flag off areas where i dont want them to go down.