20b auto miss fire and jamming

thomasbeaton

I recently acquired a huglu 20b semi auto. Practically brand new. Was fine when first went out at the pigeons, no problems at all, yesterday I was out again and when I loaded one in the chamber and two in the mag it would miss-fire. Manually extract the shell and allow the second shell to automatically cycle the next round in and again miss-fire then do the same and the third will go off. Tried this a few times and same story. So I started just loading one shell in at a time and was firing fine. Stripped it down and put back together and still the same problem. When there’s cartridges in the magazine for some reason the pin isn’t striking the cartridge enough. Anybody got any ideas what could be the problem?

sounds to me the recoil spring is not strong enough...to slam the bolt home.........start off with a good strip down...wash everything in petrol....take the spring out as well and check and wash..........take the firing pin out of the block wash that........

if its 2nd hand and been sitting in a shop for months and some muppet has sqirted wd 40 in it ...it will have gone sticky.......

when you have given a damn good clean and dropped no more than a couple of drops of oil in it.....then try again

when  i bought my loverly aya #2 many years ago...i took the locks off and had to spray bloody oven cleaner on then to melt the carp that someone had doused it with

Ok "cleaning" aside plus a little light lubrication .Yes no matter what is said all machinery needs a little oil . Simple question , is the barrel seated correctly in the ation and the forend on tight ?

I hope the real cause is not  that you  have just bought someone else's trouble .Why else would someone get rid a of a "practically new Gun"? 

Semi autos are notoriously cartridge fussy. Tiny differences in weight, brass length, case length etc can all make a difference. Even if all the numbers are the same on 2 brands of cartridge they can shoot one but not the other.

If everything is properly and thoroughly cleaned and lightly lubricated and still not functioning correctly I would try a few different cartridges before thinking about changing any parts.

I hate selling second hand autos, especially if someone is trading a cheaper one that is "practically new".

Mine are always thoroughly tested with a range of cartridges to to make sure.

Edd

I've had a couple of different causes of an auto firing pin not striking consistently.

The first was a loose forend cap ... it would loosen after a couple of shots and allow the breech to marginally move forwards. Solved with a bit of plumbers tape on the threads when re-assembled.

A weak/inhibited recoil spring is also a potential cause ... cleaning or replacement fixes this.

If these fail, I'd look at the striking mechanism .... could be a burr, corrosion, or weak spring there ....

3 minutes ago, Gunman said:

If practically brand new is it still under guarantee?You do not state what make it is but there a lot of these imported form Turkey that have been problematic to the extent many importers have ceased to bring any more in .

Huglu in post.