That pompous **** is on TV again

figgy

I'm watching good morning Britain and talk of a full on seagulls.

Poll says 44% support a cull.

Chris Packham saying you can just pick to protect the nice fluffy animals. He is saying they do t attack people and animals, they only associate us with food.  

Edited by figgy

Swear filter must have gone mad when 

Sprat without the s is hidden.

When told of attacks on people and animals his reply it's just a mistake they're looking for food, no sheet Sherlock. They'll try to eat anything.

Can the NHS not have Packham gagged for good of the nation's blood pressure. I don't normally listen to him due to him making mine rise. Blood pressure at the moment could probably top up the car tyres 😀

Edited by figgy

9 minutes ago, figgy said:

Chris Packham saying you can just pick to protect the nice fluffy animals. He is saying they do t attack people and animals, they only associate us with food.  

full on seagull.

seagull.jpg

13 minutes ago, figgy said:

Why pick on me then? I only associate my quarry with food!😇

14 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Wait until the non- native Sea eagles being introduced to the Isle of Wight start swooping down on your burger..😨

Someone's little Chihuahua dog was taken by a big Gull, obviously dropped quick as they have the dog looking sorry for itself.

Edited by figgy

In fairness, seagulls in built up areas do only associate people with food, mainly because people feed them.

The only interaction I have had with gulls in the countryside is watching them follow farming equipment , or wiping their droppings off my truck.

They do need thinning out is some built up areas, but so do the feral pigeons.

Edited by Cranfield

6 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

In fairness, seagulls in built up areas do only associate people with food, mainly because people feed them.

The only interaction I have had with gulls in the countryside is watching them follow farming equipment , or wiping their droppings off my truck.

They do need thinning out is some built up areas, but so do the feral pigeons.

Yep, just watch them quartering the field when the grass is being cut, they will eat almost anything.

They have got to-be one of the fastest eaters, we were in Lyme Regis end of June, walking along the front this guy walks away from a fish and chip bar near the Cob, as he moved away he accidently dropped his tray of fish and chips, within five seconds it was like the movie The Birds, it took all of ten seconds to clear the lot, and they had just come out of the fryer so must have been pretty hot.

Edited by old'un

26 minutes ago, figgy said:

Someone's little Chihuahua dog was taken by a big Gull, obviously dropped quick as they have the dog looking sorry for itself.

I remember in the hard winter of 63, gulls killed a cat on Cromer sea front.  the other day a black- back flew past my kitchen with a young starling in its beak

Edited by islandgun

Back in the day a cull of ferals and seagulls took place every year on a sunday night Monday morning  in our town centre bus station no public consultation just common sense council decision   no fuss no mess no winging just done

Just now, martinj said:

What harm can they do?

click

That photo is fake.....Gulls don't attack animals! According to the animal worlds self appointed font of all knowledge, Cwis Pacman!

i would have thought Gulls would have to attack other creatures in order to eat them? Unless of course, on invitation, their prey voluntarily jumped into the Gulls open beak? :whistling:

1 hour ago, scutt said:

Back in the day a cull of ferals and seagulls took place every year on a sunday night Monday morning  in our town centre bus station no public consultation just common sense council decision   no fuss no mess no winging just done

I remember when rogue seagulls were reported in the 70' & 80's to the council. They had what they termed a sharp shooter who would turn out, watch the offender then shoot it when people left taking car *** away. No one said anything about saving the bird. Just good riddance to the dangerous nuisance.

The country is going mad when people are swayed by the animals are all good and need saving brigade.

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

That photo is fake.....Gulls don't attack animals! According to the animal worlds self appointed font of all knowledge, Cwis Pacman!

i would have thought Gulls would have to attack other creatures in order to eat them? Unless of course, on invitation, their prey voluntarily jumped into the Gulls open beak? 

it's a video clip and it's a pretty good fake :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

He has slipped up on twitter, GWCT have said that there are good hen harriers numbers on grouse managed Moor, he pipes up saying its rubbish, Gwct came back with, 'it's an RSPB report' then nothing from Mr P in response 

Do you have a link to the RSPB report?

1 hour ago, martinj said:

it's a video clip and it's a pretty good fake :rolleyes:

It's a live rabbit at the start but it doesn't look like the rabbit the gull eats is alive when it eats it, nor does it look to me like the gull kills the rabbit? 

it's immaterial either way, just wondering. 

My house is next to a lake that is home to a wide array of wild life and have witnessed on many occasions the Gulls eating whole live Ducklings. The ducklings would walk from the lake into our garden but within a week 8-9 would be down to 2 and then you don`t see them again. Most people round this way have a strong dislike for the gulls but the bloody townies that visit the area insist on feeding the verminous creatures. 

15 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

My house is next to a lake that is home to a wide array of wild life and have witnessed on many occasions the Gulls eating whole live Ducklings. The ducklings would walk from the lake into our garden but within a week 8-9 would be down to 2 and then you don`t see them again. Most people round this way have a strong dislike for the gulls but the bloody townies that visit the area insist on feeding the verminous creatures. 

This is what people don't know, don't see and then hide from when it's shown. The duck population is down, but we as shooters are to blame if pratham has his say, rather than it being linked to Mink, gull over population etc..