That pompous **** is on TV again

figgy

I have to wonder what these Wild Justice clowns would do if they found rats or a wasp nest in the loft or aphids on their fruit trees. What about slugs and snails massacring their prized hostas? It's all very well having principles about the sanctity of life in the natural world but there's no fundamental difference between landowners culling vermin for economic reasons and poisoning rats before they eat your house wiring.

he needs to have a rat infestation in his property mega wasp nests in his ceilings and wall cavaties crows,magpies and pigeons massacering his veg plot foxes ransacking his chickens and pet rabbits seagulls screaming at 4.am outside his bedroom window the list could go on would he still be the happy chap the bbc portray and adorn

22 hours ago, Cranfield said:

In fairness, seagulls in built up areas do only associate people with food, mainly because people feed them.

The only interaction I have had with gulls in the countryside is watching them follow farming equipment , or wiping their droppings off my truck.

They do need thinning out in some built up areas, but so do the feral pigeons.

Above is 100% correct, some years ago our council introduced a by-law forbidding the feeding of scems (ferals) and seagulls. In their wisdom they decided not to police it. 

We now see on a regular basis people dumping the contents of carrier bags (corn etc) in the market square.  Apart from the gulls diving on people to steal food, (wife saw a young woman on way to A&E with a badly gashed arm done by a gull). Another occasion she clashed a gull which was trying to steal a toddlers sausage roll with her bag, lots of hacky looks and comments from the fluffy bunny lot. Wife being a refined lady gave them a mouthful to embarrass a builders labourer. 

On top of the above there is the mess and what a mess, its not cleaned by the council so only gets worse. The councils only attempt at control was to put corn laced with contraceptives  on the ledges of buildings. Worked a treat notttttt

Perhaps when a liebour  councillor gets his baldy scalp slashed they will do something effective. No one here is holding their breath though.

I had a herring gull try to steal an ice cream out of my hand in Cornwall a few years ago, it had one attempt and failed and when it came in for a second go I just grabbed it's neck and held on to it flapping like hell. 

Like your wife I got all sorts of looks and stupid comments. I let it go and it seemed unharmed. I wonder how many times that bird had been fed by holiday makers. It certainly had no fear. 

We were down Devon a few years back, we were standing on the sea wall admiring the view when this young woman came and stood not ten feet from us and proceeded to hold chips in the air so the gulls could take them from her fingers, I commented that there were signs telling people not to feed the gulls, her reply was…I am just helping the birds, they have babies to feed this time of year…and anyway what’s it got to-do with you.  

2 hours ago, old'un said:

We were down Devon a few years back, we were standing on the sea wall admiring the view when this young woman came and stood not ten feet from us and proceeded to hold chips in the air so the gulls could take them from her fingers, I commented that there were signs telling people not to feed the gulls, her reply was…I am just helping the birds, they have babies to feed this time of year…and anyway what’s it got to-do with you.  

But Gulls don't have babies....humans do!......Another ignorant fool who gets her view of nature from Disney!