Boris

islandgun

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way it gets worse. 

We've got rid of May but now we've got BoJo. He's done the rallying cry, but who has he convinced?

I'm not a fan. He just comes across as a clumsy public school boy who tries to charm everyone. He'll need more than that to push Brexit through and get Parliament back on track.

He must be pooping his pants right now. He's got the job he wanted but what a mess he has inheirited. 

Let's see how many more resignations occur. He might beat May's record. 

At this rate, Brexit will be the last of our problems. 

Reckon he'll call a GE?

17 minutes ago, poontang said:

Excellent news.

The fact that he's ****** oowee off so much is a massive bonus. :yes:

Was it that obvious? :whistling:

I was having such a nice day relaxing by the pool. 

The bloke is honestly such ................................... '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ////////////////////.  I can't believe he is where he is. :sick:

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Was it that obvious? :whistling:

I was having such a nice day relaxing by the pool. 

The bloke is honestly such ................................... '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ////////////////////.  I can't believe he is where he is. :sick:

Tears will taint that nice G + T if youre not careful.

37 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

He faces:-

• a divided country
  • a divided party
  • strong opposition in EU who will give him no favours
  • a propensity to score own goals
  • a country running out of patience

Is he the man to get on top of this?

... I'd give him less than a year ....

I REALLY hope I'm wrong!

Boris might just pull it off. No one actually wanted Jeremy Hunt as PM, he just got the "anyone but Boris" vote. Dominic Raab would have been my choice; someone with real life experience who was able to scare the pants off EU. They were starting to buckle last year at this time but the pathetic T May fired him because she wanted to play nicely with the EU - and that's exactly why we're in this mess.

If Boris pulls  Raab onto his team there's a real chance he can beat the EU at their own game.

35 minutes ago, hedge said:

In a way it gets worse. 

We've got rid of May but now we've got BoJo. He's done the rallying cry, but who has he convinced?

I'm not a fan. He just comes across as a clumsy public school boy who tries to charm everyone. He'll need more than that to push Brexit through and get Parliament back on track.

He must be pooping his pants right now. He's got the job he wanted but what a mess he has inheirited. 

Let's see how many more resignations occur. He might beat May's record. 

At this rate, Brexit will be the last of our problems. 

Reckon he'll call a GE?

hello, this is the word i came up with BAFFOON

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

66% of the party membership.

A huge majority of tory MPs 

17.4+ million leave voters ?

I reckon he has enough support without your vote Grant 

There is a difference between knowing and having worked with the man, and those who never have and are going by a ballot paper or the persona portrayed in the media.

Just now, Jaymo said:

There is a difference between knowing and having worked with the man, and those who never have and are going by a ballot paper or the persona portrayed in the media.

It doesnt get away from the fact that a majority of tory MPs , who could be said to have worked with him,  and others who might know him socially, voted for him and put him through.

Or are we saying hes somehow fluked his way through , and no one really likes him ?

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It doesnt get away from the fact that a majority of tory MPs , who could be said to have worked with him,  and others who might know him socially, voted for him and put him through.

Or are we saying hes somehow fluked his way through , and no one really likes him ?

He got in because people like him. There is a difference between liking him and him being fit for purpose.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

In that case, it wont take any sorting , now we have a PM who isnt looking to appease Brussels.

Out of interest , what do you consider thew bigger problems ?

Dream on🤣

I was speaking figuratively mainly as in since the referendum result and what has ensued it has largely been recognised that Brexit is the least of our problems as it has highlighted so many other issues.

I could put a list together but not on my phone and you’d probably disagree with most of them anyway, which will just take us off topic on this thread.

Edited by Raja Clavata

2 hours ago, oowee said:

You have to wonder. Anyone who has worked with him, including me, thinks he is a **** of the highest order.

Aren’t all politicians! Look at the state they have got the Country in with their indecision! If we need nurses and the police to have a university degree then it’s about time politicians had some requisite formal qualification to run the Country!

34 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Yes and we got a pretty good insight into the views of Conservative Party members recently, what an endorsement that is.

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

He got in because people like him. There is a difference between liking him and him being fit for purpose.

Theresa May wasnt fit for purpose , Corbyn isnt fit for purpose, one person doesnt run the country.

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

Yes and we got a pretty good insight into the views of Conservative Party members recently, what an endorsement that is.

Please clarify ?

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Half those 17.4 m leave voters are reds and they will not back a Tory. Huge majority of Tory Mp's never worked with the ****. 66% of the blue rinse brigade and hangers on should have a senility test. 

Lets see who supports him in a few days / months. This Country has gone mad.

Why don't you say what you really mean?

2 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

He faces:-

• a divided country
  • a divided party
  • strong opposition in EU who will give him no favours
  • a propensity to score own goals
  • a country running out of patience

Is he the man to get on top of this?

... I'd give him less than a year ....

I REALLY hope I'm wrong!

He cares not a jot, just like all previous leaders, wages for life and a full trough?

He might well surprise people, after all when Trump was elected people predicted doom and that hasn't appeared to have happened. It strikes me that there are quite a few people who have a kind of schadenfreude about Brexit going wrong, Trump messing up, and now Boris messing up, despite it being in the interests of their country for none of that to happen.