Boris

islandgun

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Lol, maybe because I’m not answerable to you on this or any other subject.

Carry on then, if you want credibility, you need to substantiate what you say occasionally.

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

Google is your friend.

Might be prudent to judge May after 3 months of Boris...

Conjecture then..

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes indeed and the next crisis may well involve Jeremy Corbyn if Boris doesn't get his finger out!!!!!

He'll only need 1 finger to count his working majority after next weeks by-election, looks like the Lib Dems are set to win the seat by vacated by convicted Tory expenses fiddler Chris Davies in Brecon. Bojo the clown may well not last very long.  

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Carry on then, if you want credibility, you need to substantiate what you say occasionally.

Conjecture then..

Credibility with whom, the self appointed PW heavy mob, no thanks. The tip is most appreciated though.🤣

2 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

He'll only need 1 finger to count his working majority after next weeks by-election, looks like the Lib Dems are set to win the seat by vacated by convicted Tory expenses fiddler Chris Davies in Brecon. Bojo the clown may well not last very long.  

Even Diane Abbott could do that sum, but there again...

2 hours ago, hedge said:

In a way it gets worse. 

We've got rid of May but now we've got BoJo. He's done the rallying cry, but who has he convinced?

I'm not a fan. He just comes across as a clumsy public school boy who tries to charm everyone. He'll need more than that to push Brexit through and get Parliament back on track.

He must be pooping his pants right now. He's got the job he wanted but what a mess he has inheirited. 

Let's see how many more resignations occur. He might beat May's record. 

At this rate, Brexit will be the last of our problems. 

Reckon he'll call a GE?

You may be under the misapprehension that he cares, as a career politico I can bet he doesn't give a rats posterior.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Was it that obvious? :whistling:

I was having such a nice day relaxing by the pool. 

The bloke is honestly such ................................... '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ////////////////////.  I can't believe he is where he is. :sick:

Possibly you helped him rise to that exalted position?

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

We guessed that from your username 🤣🤪

So did I, your guess is correct again.

14 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

and then what.................:hmm:

1 minute ago, old'un said:

So at what age should someone not have an opinion/vote on what they believe?

You’re making a connection there not me hence I do not feel obliged to answer your question but would say that everyone is entitled to their opinion and their ability to freely express it.

Just now, oowee said:

That is the worrying thought. Often politics operates at the margins where decisions are unlikely to have great impact. Here politics is playing with our future. 

I seem to remember this line of conjecture before.
After the referendum, after Trump became president.

There is literally no evidence to suggest that some doom laden future awaits us with a Bojo premiership , a no deal Brexit, a Trump 2nd term , blahdee blah !

Its just the whinings of the people who lost.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

You’re making a connection there not me hence I do not feel obliged to answer your question but would say that everyone is entitled to their opinion and their ability to freely express it.

You mean you are uncomfortable answering the question really ?

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Then why connect age (old’un) with my vote to leave?

10 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

It could - it might have been Hunt,  Gove, Javid,  Stewart, or even JC then things would have got a lot worse

Not quite what I meant.

The parliamentary arithmetic Boris faces is, if anything, worse than previously. His majority is disappearing, and the EU won't renegotiate. He has support from the MPs who opposed Mrs Mays deal, while her supporters will now oppose him. At least 4 current ministers have already resigned or stated that they will not serve his government. He may be popular among the party membership but, among his MPs, he is liked and loathed in equal measure - the cries to unite the Tory party have seen one of its most divisive figures become leader ! And all the while, the hamster wheel of doom continues to spin.

Same deadlock, but the other way around.

Unfortunately, I don't for a second think he'll get "no deal" through and will be forced to either call a second referendum (which flies in the face of all things democratic), or call a general election - if that happens (and I think it will), then as  you say, things could get a whole lot worse !

He'll be gone by the new year.

1 hour ago, tandytommo said:

Well we will see, as long as labour do not get their hands on this county's finaces and bankrupt us!