Top Posters In This Topic

- Private School educated
- Came from a wealth background
- Wrote for newspapers
- Made massive mistakes as a Minister
- Lost his Seat in a General Election
- Was declared “Gloriously unfit for office”
- Became Prime Minister due to the Prime Ministers Resignation

You never can tell until you get behind someone and have a positive attitude.

win.jpg

I said I'd share some links and did. Another poster cited the you gov figures yesterday to which nobody appeared to respond. This seems to be less about open discussion and debate and more about certain people targeting others specifically. All a bit sad and puerile really but whatever floats yer boat.

Logic suggests there is a difference in accuracy between a sample collected after an event compared to asking people what they plan to do in the future but since when does logic come into these kind of discussions.

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I said I'd share some links and did. Another poster cited the you gov figures yesterday to which nobody appeared to respond. This seems to be less about open discussion and debate and more about certain people targeting others specifically. All a bit sad and puerile really but whatever floats yer boat.

Logic suggests there is a difference in accuracy between a sample collected after an event compared to asking people what they plan to do in the future but since when does logic come into these kind of discussions.

I would suggest it is a two way street, and all sides should learn to play together.

23 hours ago, Rewulf said:

66% of the party membership.

A huge majority of tory MPs 

17.4+ million leave voters ?

I reckon he has enough support without your vote Grant 

100%  He certainly can't be worse than,  even if he tries very hard be worse than the last one and her backroom boys and girls...all traitors in my view and now acting like spoiled litle children who can't have their ice cream.

Edited by Walker570

31 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Interesting that Farage is happy to forge an alliance with Boris ... that could create critical mass on one side of the argument to get things moving forwards.

I said (quite possibly on this forum during Trump's UK visit) when Boris was the favourite and Farage visited Trump in the London Ambassador's residence that Trump was likely to 'bang heads together and get Boris and Nigel to see sense on this.   Trump does not want to see Corbyn (who stands for everything Trump dislikes) in power.

In the event of a snap election (whether from no confidence or Boris's choice), Remainers in Parliament have much more chance at a coalition in the event of a hung Parliament because they have Labour, SNP, LibDem, Independants and Greens. 

Leavers only have Tories, DUP and possibly a few Labour rebels unofficially. 

If Farage fields Brexit candidates, he will likely dilute Leave votes by splitting them between Brexit and Tory parties.  This may well result in the Remain potential coalition partners having significantly more seats than any potential Leave coalition.  Assuming he wins some seats, then he would of course support Leave side, but the record of the old UKIP on winning seats was "none ever won" (despite polling well).

If Farage did a deal with Boris to stand where Brexit candidates had a good chance of winning against Remainers - and the Tories stood down in that seat ......... and similarly where Tories stood the best chance - Brexit stood down, we could have a Leave majority - and get leave over the line.

Edited by JohnfromUK

18 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The Yougov poll of around 5000 cross sectional participants https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/oxmidrr5wh/EUFinalCall_Reweighted.pdf

This suggests that at some point in your 40s you become a Brexiteer ! 

Also at some point between A level education and a degree, you become a remainer.

So 2 questions here , is a 40 ish year old , 'old' , and is anyone without a degree thick ?

Covered it Raja .

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What do YOU think the polls represent ?
That ONLY old people voted to leave, ESPECIALLY if they were 'poorly educated'
And 'young' people voted to stay, as they were generally better educated ?

Read the data properly, ditch your confirmation bias, and try and get your head round the FACT that EVERYBODY who is entitled to vote has a 'voice' in their future, however long that future may be.
With age comes wisdom and experience of life (including past governments) , or do you think the young should solely dictate the direction of our society? Something I might add, is not practiced by any civilised country or society on the planet.

28 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

If Farage did a deal with Boris to stand where Brexit candidates had a good chance of winning against Remainers - and the Tories stood down in that seat ......... and similarly where Tories stood the best chance - Brexit stood down, we could have a Leave majority - and get leave over the line.

That would be the only way it would work .. and Farage has alluded to that I believe ...

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

There's nowhere to go.

Come on Little Linford .. positive mental attitude !!

7 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

That would be the only way it would work .. and Farage has alluded to that I believe ...

Agreed, though whatever 'plan' they have should (and has) be kept close to their chests.

Our rather undemocratic remain MPs are already trying to head off any attempt to leave, under the guise of opposition to no deal, they know full well thats the only realistic way to leave at this time.
So , they believe by blocking that , they block Brexit entirely.

My tuppence worth is that our older people have actual life experience of hardship and have now seen how they were blatantly taken for mugs by both our own politicians and unelected EU dictators and were educated to British values and interests, and got taught real historical facts about war - for example that added to their awareness.

The educated youth of today are taught that they are funded by Europe - look at any billboard outside the universities to see how they are manipulated as to who their benefactors are. Further, todays multidiversity youth education is being  padded out with multiculturism, multi genderism? multi everything else, saving the planetism and whitewashed history. Their education is so full of puff its little wonder they are so easily manipulated.

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

What do YOU think the polls represent ?
That ONLY old people voted to leave, ESPECIALLY if they were 'poorly educated'
And 'young' people voted to stay, as they were generally better educated ?

These are your words not mine! I was merely asserting a link with elder voters being statistically more likely to have voted leave than remain. Nothing more, nothing less, anything else / more is in your head.

Read the data properly, ditch your confirmation bias, and try and get your head round the FACT that EVERYBODY who is entitled to vote has a 'voice' in their future, however long that future may be.

Your instructions are becoming irksome. Again you are extrapolating to something that I am not nor ever had suggested or supported.
With age comes wisdom and experience of life (including past governments) , or do you think the young should solely dictate the direction of our society? Something I might add, is not practiced by any civilised country or society on the planet.

It comes with a few other things too but that's not important here. Again you are trying to suggest I have views that are not correct. Getting more than a bit creepy.

19 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well we will see, as long as labour do not get their hands on this county's finaces and bankrupt us!

Wonder if he'll be around long enough to raise the threshold for us higher rate tax payers? the extra 3 grand a year could go towards my next Perazzi.

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

My tuppence worth is that our older people have actual life experience of hardship and have now seen how they were blatantly taken for mugs by both our own politicians and unelected EU dictators and were educated to British values and interests, and got taught real historical facts about war - for example that added to their awareness.

The educated youth of today are taught that they are funded by Europe - look at any billboard outside the universities to see how they are manipulated as to who their benefactors are. Further, todays multidiversity youth education is being  padded out with multiculturism, multi genderism? multi everything else, saving the planetism and whitewashed history. Their education is so full of puff its little wonder they are so easily manipulated.

Bang on :good:

No doubt someone will be along to call us racists shortly :lol:

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

These are your words not mine! I was merely asserting a link with elder voters being statistically more likely to have voted leave than remain. Nothing more, nothing less, anything else / more is in your head.

Why were you 'asserting' the link ?
What has it got to do with anything then, if its nothing more, nothing less ?

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Your instructions are becoming irksome. Again you are extrapolating to something that I am not nor ever had suggested or supported.

:lol: Irksome !
As above , you have never suggested the link between 'old' people voting for leave, or the education level of leavers , really ??

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

It comes with a few other things too but that's not important here. Again you are trying to suggest I have views that are not correct. Getting more than a bit creepy.

Perish the thought I would suggest such a thing ! You would yourself  never suggest such a thing would you ?
Creepy 😂:whistling:

It was a throw away comment with joky emojis - I replied to the OP and stated I intended no offence.

The yougov figures are what they are, my experiences here and in the real world support the trends on age and the link to a leave vote.

You've made far more about the education level thing around Brexit than anyone else I know - repeatedly baiting us with it and when we don't bite you subsequently attempt to make it look like we have said it. I have pointed this out severally.

Nothing more to say on this here.

44 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

You've made far more about the education level thing around Brexit than anyone else I know - repeatedly baiting us with it and when we don't bite you subsequently attempt to make it look like we have said it. I have pointed this out severally.

Again , really ??

You have a leisurely scroll back up the last 360 pages, theres a huge number of references from remainers to leavers about  advanced age and lack of education.
You bought the age thing up, not me, I chucked the education thing in as throwaway example of this sort of excuses people use why the vote didnt go 'their way'

Sorry if its upset you 😾

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Does not upset me, just not fair on everyone else going round in circles, especially the mods. One Brexit thread is bad enough.

Make it easy on yourself, join the Brexit party and we can all live in peace and harmony :yes:

There's a myriad of reasons people voted for Brexit, and I would imagine a vast spectrum of education levels, but all of that doesn't really matter. What matters is that the UK had a democratic vote, and in a democratic society we have a duty to honour that…...

No matter what your political persuasion, it's not difficult to see that the UK does not control the UK whilst Brussels sits at the head of the table.

Sorry…. staying on topic - Boris is our best hope just now👍

Edited by KB1

2 minutes ago, KB1 said:

No matter what your political persuasion, it's not difficult to see that the UK does not control the UK whilst Brussels sits at the head of the table.

But...but..but...you didnt know what you were voting for, youre old , youre stupid, xeophobes, racists, nazis ....

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

... Further, todays multidiversity youth education is being  padded out with multiculturism, multi genderism? multi everything else, saving the planetism and whitewashed history. Their education is so full of puff its little wonder they are so easily manipulated.

It's called reflective practice, not like the wholly didactic education you and your cohort received.