Cci velocitor

5 minutes ago, PotHunter96 said:

Am aware that stingers should not be used in some firearms with tight chambers but just wondering is it safe to use cci velocitors in an Anschutz 1415-1416? Thanks 

Not sure Id take the risk, or even bother.
They are supposed to be a highly inaccurate round anyway, a bit of a novelty.

I can't see why they should be a problem in any rifle. I was not aware that stingers could be an issue in bolt action rifles either, although not so good for semi auto's. 

I used velocitors in my cz they were reasonably accurate at about 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds (not as good as sub sonics) and had plenty of knock down power. 

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 14:21, Rewulf said:

Not sure Id take the risk, or even bother.
They are supposed to be a highly inaccurate round anyway, a bit of a novelty.

????????????????????

They were the best HV .22 I found.  As accurate or better than any HV I have used, fast with lots of energy and good terminal results. 

My only negative I found with them is they tended to be hard/tight to chamber!

44 minutes ago, Dekers said:

????????????????????

They were the best HV .22 I found.  As accurate or better than any HV I have used, fast with lots of energy and good terminal results. 

My only negative I found with them is they tended to be hard/tight to chamber!

Horses for courses ,no good in any of mine, or anyone else I know.

Cant think of a single person in club or pest control i know who uses them? 

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Horses for courses ,no good in any of mine, or anyone else I know.

Cant think of a single person in club or pest control i know who uses them? 

That is odd to me, I would certainly place them very near the top of the list with regards HV .22lr.

The Remington Yellow Jacket 33g HP also did well for me!

:good:

• 2 months later...

A bit late for this thread, but I found velocitors to work ok, although the rws high velocity.22’s have been spot on for me. Many people dismiss all the hv .22’s as inaccurate but if you find one that suits your barrel they are accurate. I just think that people don’t persevere with them. They have the advantage of a flatter trajectory and they definitely hit harder than subs. I’ve also found that rabbits sometimes take less notice of the crack of the hv’s than the impact of subs.

On 18/10/2019 at 19:51, Rimfireboy said:

A bit late for this thread, but I found velocitors to work ok, although the rws high velocity.22’s have been spot on for me. Many people dismiss all the hv .22’s as inaccurate but if you find one that suits your barrel they are accurate. I just think that people don’t persevere with them. They have the advantage of a flatter trajectory and they definitely hit harder than subs. I’ve also found that rabbits sometimes take less notice of the crack of the hv’s than the impact of subs.

+1

On 23/07/2019 at 14:14, PotHunter96 said:

Am aware that stingers should not be used in some firearms with tight chambers but just wondering is it safe to use cci velocitors in an Anschutz 1415-1416? Thanks 

Not read all this yet, we need Daf here?

Surely all chambers should conform to Saami specifications for the calibre concerned?

Never required anything above the 22RF Sub Sonic...if I did I took the 17HMR for a walk.  I shot a fair amount of the HV style 22s before the 17HMR appeared on the market but upgraded to a 17 Remington as soon as I discovered it in 1986.   These days I think anything above 22RF Subs are pointless when better, more accurate cartridges are out there.  I have folk say well, you might be out and have a possible shot at 200yrds but then one at 10yrds ...no argument the 17HMR does it all in spades ....  ok ok the old wind argument..well just learn to read th wind, not difficult.   I used Stingers and Yellow Jackets in my old CZ and never had a problem but they have been overtaken by better choices.