Hot hunting tip

Been there done that but I was three and a half hours away on a once in a lifetime chance for a gold medal roe buck on a strictly private piece of ground.   Thankfully my host just ribbed me for a couple of weeks an made the offer again.....still didn't find the gold but had a great time and came home with a bronze.   Did I feel a paper hat ?  Yep and got treated as such.

Getting to Gatwick without our rifles....well that is another story:cry1:.

50 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

when going shooting, take the bolt out of the safe as well as the ammo.😲

A good job the perm is 5 mins from home  😎

I never take bolts out of the rifles so this cant happen. Remember going ferretting once and my mate forgot the ferrets 😂

2 hours ago, Jay_Russell said:

oh dear!  lesson learnt there!

i keep my bolts with my ammo,  its unlikely ill ever forget bolts and ammo ... i hope!! 

You'd be surprised...

1 hour ago, ClemFandango said:

I keep my bolts and ammo in a separate cabinet to my rifles. Never forgotten ammo or bolt but I bet it will happen one day. 

Not the end of the world but embarrassing none the less. 

A right pain if you've travelled a few hours to your ground... Avoid all this by keeping bolts in rifles 😁

Never forgotten the rifle bolt, but I've driven some distance to go pike fishing and arrived only to realise that the rod was still at home ..

2 days later my fishing buddy arrived at the same place (having taken the you-know-what unmercilessly out of me earlier) and he'd left his reel at home.

Revenge is a dish best served cold :)

I once drove forty miles to sort a “big rabbit problem”. I took 150 rounds of .22 subsonic with me. When I got there I had forgotten the mag for the BRNO. strimmer-13 obviously knows how fiddly it is to hand feed a BRNO. Worse still we only managed 5 rabbits all night. The man with the “big rabbit problem” was delighted. He thought that was a lot!

18 minutes ago, London Best said:

I once drove forty miles to sort a “big rabbit problem”. I took 150 rounds of .22 subsonic with me. When I got there I had forgotten the mag for the BRNO. strimmer-13 obviously knows how fiddly it is to hand feed a BRNO. Worse still we only managed 5 rabbits all night. The man with the “big rabbit problem” was delighted. He thought that was a lot!

Dam right, gets a bit sharp in there after a while.