Cooling off

Dougy

Poor thing, the heats been a bit hard on Buster, hes been kept out of the sun all day. I soaked a towel in cold water and covered him, helping him cool off a bit.

He had a walk at 07.30 and then at 20.00. I just cant get over people walking dogs mid day. 

20190723_180410-800x450.jpg

Edited by Dougy

11 hours ago, Dougy said:

Poor thing, the heats been a bit hard on Buster, hes been kept out of the sun all day. I soaked a towel in cold water and covered him, helping him cool off a bit.

He had a walk at 07.30 and then at 20.00. I just cant get over people walking dogs mid day. 

20190723_180410-800x450.jpg

Well done it's common sense.  See idiots jogging with dogs too in this heat.

16 hours ago, oowee said:

I had mine in the trough today to try and keep him cool. I have a plasterers bath for the deer and this would make a great pool for the dog. 

We have a plasters bath fitted courtesy of the FIL. Also have hot and cold outdoor shower fitted,  which is a Godsend in the mucky winter months. 3 dirty dogs soon make a mess and with this they are clean in no time.

DSC_4472.JPG

3 hours ago, hedge said:

We have a plasters bath fitted courtesy of the FIL. Also have hot and cold outdoor shower fitted,  which is a Godsend in the mucky winter months. 3 dirty dogs soon make a mess and with this they are clean in no time.

DSC_4472.JPG

Plus one   --- but we also cut half one end out and put in a ramp.

4 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Yeah - with hindsight we could/should have done that. We did think about some external steps.

The cookapoo jumps in and out but the 28kg lab needs lifting and the other one is too old.

I actually think a shower tray with a splashback would have been enough!

12 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

8 hours ago, hedge said:

Yeah - with hindsight we could/should have done that. We did think about some external steps.

The cookapoo jumps in and out but the 28kg lab needs lifting and the other one is too old.

I actually think a shower tray with a splashback would have been enough!

Not too late to change it.   needs the side facing washer to stop soaking:whistling::lol: