Be Safe

Walker570

Came down the M54 today in the Landie towing a medium sized trailer so was happy to sit at 56mph behind a truck most of the way.  At one point another trucker indicated and someone let him out to overtake and of course the following traffic was held up for  while at 56 mph .  A nice drop head new Mini came slowly by me and I thought the van following was actually attached to it.  The van was no more than half the Mini's length away. The van was a Ford Tranny type newish and on the rear doors it had PS or PF   and in bold letters  BE SAFE,  which my wife and I thought to be most inappropriate if this is the way they tell there drivers to perform.    We see an experience a lot of dangerous tailgating but this was extreme. Had the Mini driver had to brake then there would have been a dozen or more other vehicles involved. I was already looking and planning an alternative escape route and as I had the Landie and there was a generous grass margin that is where i was going to go.  Noticed that Leicester Police have at least one plain car out we need a few hundred more and get these stupid idiots off the roads.

Edited by Walker570

Its times like that i wish i was one of the Mad Max movies, just blast them out of the county. 

Some blond tart was on the A38 on the way home tonight on a 60mph stretch, she went down to 50 a she had a chat on her mobile !!! IN A 19 Plate Merc, !!! i hope she has periods for 52 weeks a year !!!

13 hours ago, Dougy said:

Its times like that i wish i was one of the Mad Max movies, just blast them out of the county. 

Some blond tart was on the A38 on the way home tonight on a 60mph stretch, she went down to 50 a she had a chat on her mobile !!! IN A 19 Plate Merc, !!! i hope she has periods for 52 weeks a year !!!

Eh? What's the 19 plate Merc got to do with anything? 

Periods? 

13 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Periods of what, cos it certainly won’t be guilt.

Live and let live, because you’ve never ever done anything wrong while driving 🤥

Spent half my life trying to save lives in crushed cars due to some rear orifice driving like an idiot. Had a beautiful 18yr old girl die on my shoulder crushed in a car driven by someone trying to impress and i had the job of knocking on her parents door as well.    I think your comment should have started "Live and let die"  more appropriate to your way of thinking ?

6 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Spent half my life trying to save lives in crushed cars due to some rear orifice driving like an idiot. Had a beautiful 18yr old girl die on my shoulder crushed in a car driven by someone trying to impress and i had the job of knocking on her parents door as well.    I think your comment should have started "Live and let die"  more appropriate to your way of thinking ?

I have great respect for what you do. Its a terrible shame the lack of consideration, forethought and safety are hugely lacking these days.

There was something on the news or in the paper about the amount of people that have been done thanks to folk uploading their camera footage of bad/ dangerous driving, while i agree there should be more traffic police about, they never seem to be about when some Muppet is trying to get in your boot.