Facebook - a word of warning

Pike

If you have no idea what Facebook is :lol: , good - keep it that way for your own sanity!

I used to think I was a bit hooked on keeping up with everything going on at Pigeonwatch but facebook is plain and simple addictive.

If you have not already been caught leave well alone!

Pike

I think it depends what you do with it.

I use it to keep in touch with a large group of friends who are spread all over the UK and world.

As only people you invite can see your profile I don't give access to people I don't know so don't talk to them.

Apparently you also have to be careful you don't put too much info on their such as addresses and d.o.b as people can do fraudulent stuff with the info.

It's a socail networking website that was developed by some students in Harvard I think, anyway you have a profile with info, news pictures etc about you and your friends can apply to have access if you say yes then you can see their page and they can see yours and they are listed as your friends. It's a good way of notifying people of stuff going on in your life or just giving your mates abuse.

:good: It's a bit like going to the pub for a catch up without the beer!

You create your own 'profile' which can be as elaborate or simple as you like depending on how much info you want to get into the public domain. I personally just show my name but some go for the full works including their photo albums which I find a little trusting.

Anyway- you basically 'find' your mates on-line giving you access to their profiles after which you can leave each other messages and swap photo's etc.

But - the addictive bit is that each time you log in you get a history sheet of who has been chatting to who, who is now single or otherwise and generally what is going on with all your mates.

It largely depends on how involved you choose to get and how many 'friends' are in your list (and how nosey you are!"

As for chatting up girlies - if you find out how Henry do let me know :lol::lol:

Pike

It's a socail networking website that was developed by some students in Harvard I think, anyway you have a profile with info, news pictures etc about you and your friends can apply to have access if you say yes then you can see their page and they can see yours and they are listed as your friends. It's a good way of notifying people of stuff going on in your life or just giving your mates abuse.

"I'll show you mine if you show me your's" :lol:

Had a 'system' for doing that at school, 30 odd years ago! It didn't require a PC with internet access though. :good:

O'right, I'll get me coat.....

No, it's one of those internet phenomena which only people who didn't get involved in the last one bother with.

Back in 2002 a bloke who worked for Google launched "Orkut" which was the beginning of all this stuff, same idea really. Since then friends reunited has done similar, myspace and all the others have come along.

I think this one has more life in it than some others as it contains a bit more than say Friends Reunited. As I said I use it to see what people who I don't regularly see are up to and also I've got in touch with people I'd lost touch with.