Think We're In For It

wymberley

Too hot indoors so have been sitting outside with a brandy or several. The sky is starting to lighten up almost continually and the silver birch which has been like a limp lettuce is starting to quiver in anticipation. Think I'll hit the "Submit Topic" and go back outside for the son et luminere.

Never been one for hot weather especially at night .two years ago I had air con fitted to the house ,what a difference can now sleep at night . I have woke up a couple of nights cold ,just pulled the covers over my head and crashed out again .

harnser

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i presume you mean the thunderstorms, forcast south Oxford around 10 pm, got that wrong, !!!!!!

hello, lashed down about 3 am, crops have to dry out now so the farmers can get back on the combines, there is no question our weather patterns have changed in the last 50 years

We had two storms through.  Gave an unusual trace on the barograph; the heavier vertical blue line in the centre is midnight., 2 hours per square on the horizontal time axis, 20 thousandths of an inch of mercury per division vertically (so the anomaly is about 1/10 inch mercury).

1040282396_vWmMltxISiGIHTUvAXsA_thumb_5cd.jpg.59bcbaf3f9e49afa7aa9d3a48cda0a37.jpg

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Thunderstorms over the west mids/worcs border lots of thunder, lightening and rain.....cleared the air though, quite pleasant in the garden first thing!

I must be about 20 miles or so south of you - and we had a little under half an inch of rain.  See barograph trace above.

I like to read threads like this when sat on a sunbed next to the pool in blazing sunshine with a 25kmh wind gust in Kos 😁

Just now, PIL1 said:

I like to read threads like this when sat on a sunbed next to the pool in blazing sunshine with a 25kmh wind gusts in Kos 😁

Glorious sunshine till around 7.30pm then it started to cloud over and the wind got up , at around 2.30am we had really loud thunder , lightening strikes all over the place it was like sheet lightening then every so often we'd see lightening strike the ground and the rain was some of the heaviest I have seen for a very long time, anyway I suppose I'd better let the mrs know it's stopped and help her out of the cupboard.😁

26 minutes ago, scutt said:

.( SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE FORECAST COS I WARTERED THE GARDEN  BEFORE BED LAST NIGHT 🙄 )

Exactly the same as you , the garden was looking very dry so I got the hose out and spent nearly an hour doing the front and back , sat out there about 9 . 30 with a drink and everywhere smelt lovely , then the storm got here in the early hours and the thunder shook the house and the rain was very heavy , by 7am this morning it was all over and when I had my walk along the river it was lovely with the temp already up to the low 20s , a very good day to come .

I thought the post was about Boris.                                                                                                                                                  It will be too hot to sit in a hide today IMO.  I did make up a tripod affair 3 sticks with burlap sacking as camo last year so that I could sit down low in the middle of a field of unharvested grain but the sun will stop that one for the next few days.

Edited by bavarianbrit