Ir light builds Sirius MK2 xt

bumpy22

17 minutes ago, telf said:

IR lightbuilds is ian sirrel up on the borders i think , on facebook as far as i can remember , been going years from when the first T20s came out , makes some very good gear

hello, cheers Telf, was thinking to up grade my I/R torch this winter and wondered if this Sirius XT is better than my TR 38 AS I/R, i started using the 501 B torches red and I/R , around the time the DIY night vision add ons were being made by a chap on the UK airgun forum, i think his name was Ken, dont see him anymore but since he started this night vision a good many people have followed on from his idea,   

Hi oldy, somebody will be along shortly no doubt with a lot better knowledge than myself on NV and IRs , i remember the 501s well i had several off somebloke on the NV forum when NV was in its infancy , i now have a somebloke kwik fit add on rig and find it perfect for my needs

as to the  sirius from what i know its a laser type illuminator and supposed to be excellent out to silly ranges , 500yds has been mentioned i think , i dont know how far or what your shooting but it might be worth looking at clives IR torches which i think will give you more range and better visabillity than your current set up , but like i say i am by no means an expert on this , so wait for some better advice to come along

6 minutes ago, telf said:

Hi oldy, somebody will be along shortly no doubt with a lot better knowledge than myself on NV and IRs , i remember the 501s well i had several off somebloke on the NV forum when NV was in its infancy , i now have a somebloke kwik fit add on rig and find it perfect for my needs

as to the  sirius from what i know its a laser type illuminator and supposed to be excellent out to silly ranges , 500yds has been mentioned i think , i dont know how far or what your shooting but it might be worth looking at clives IR torches which i think will give you more range and better visabillity than your current set up , but like i say i am by no means an expert on this , so wait for some better advice to come along

hello, i just gave a 501 away with 3 leds, yes Dave use to up grade torches if i remember, oh how times change, his add on are very good but i just cannot use one after trying out a kit years ago, then the Photon came in and bought a MK 1, the TR 38 with AS is ok but i was thinking on a second hand XT this winter, and check out a suitable I/R torch, cheers

This one for sale is a tuned LED, much more powerful than a standard LED. It's the best there is for range other than a Laser. On a clear night on my Ward it will give me 300 yds + and even more on the Drone.

It's also has decent beam width. If I am picking a fox up at 100m on low mag on the rifle scope I will not have to adjust the IR as I zoom in for a shot. They are very good.