ATA Sp gold?

eddoakley

I have one and I'm really pleased with it, the wood it came in is grade 3 1/2 to 4 and really looks good, they are a really nice gun to shoot and cope very well with fibre wads due to there tight bore, they are almost a true 12 bore where your Browning's and Berettas are almost an 11 bore which is why they don't cope with fibre quite as well, don't take my word for it shoot one and see.

" Now I'll wait for the barrage of Browning and Berretta owners to condemn what I have said regarding the bores but don't jump in check it out first and you'll see I'm right!.".

Edited by rapid .25

3 hours ago, rapid .25 said:

I have one and I'm really pleased with it, the wood it came in is grade 3 1/2 to 4 and really looks good, they are a really nice gun to shoot and cope very well with fibre wads due to there tight bore, they are almost a true 12 bore where your Browning's and Berettas are almost an 11 bore which is why they don't cope with fibre quite as well, don't take my word for it shoot one and see.

" Now I'll wait for the barrage of Browning and Berretta owners to condemn what I have said regarding the bores but don't jump in check it out first and you'll see I'm right!.".

I know your wrong, my grade lV 687 is nominal bore. Only the newer Browning and Berettas are over bored.  But the new Browning Crown and Miroku field guns are nominal bore. Any mobil choke Beretta  or Invectorchoke browning are nominal bore.

Rapid it seems it is you who didn't check before posting.

On 24/07/2019 at 21:07, eddoakley said:

Anyone have the ata gold?

I've had plenty of the standard ATA SPs but never the gold model.

They retail at £999 and look like a nice bit of kit and I've been offered one as of against something else.

Any opinions would be welcomed.

Edd

Good gun , look the biz , and hold a surprisingly good resale value.

Check out the S/H values on Guntrader ect.

I was going to buy a 2nd hand one, but couldnt find one that wasnt only £50-70 cheaper than new, so bought new.

1 hour ago, figgy said:

I know your wrong, my grade lV 687 is nominal bore. Only the newer Browning and Berettas are over bored.  But the new Browning Crown and Miroku field guns are nominal bore. Any mobil choke Beretta  or Invectorchoke browning are nominal bore.

Rapid it seems it is you who didn't check before posting.

There's definitely a difference figgy when shooting fibre.

Not in nominal bore barrels there isn't.

Over bored yes there will be but can you honestly tell.

I have two semi auto guns a Benelli SuperSport with a nominal bore barrel and a Browning maxus with 3 1/2" chamber and backbored over bore barrel.  Shooting both on the same course I couldn't tell a difference in speed. Gave them all the same lead and got similar breaks both were fitted with half choke.

The ATA seem to have got it right sticking to nominal bores. Great patterns with aftermarket Mandel half chokes too.

Edited by figgy