Dog paws and stubble...

Dave-G

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Not that I'm likely to take our little papillon onto stubble, he's not a working dog but having seen a few images of larger dogs on stubble I'm just curious as to if its likely to harm their pads or between their toes?

It's a rott in drag, brilliant little dog. 

1 minute ago, la bala said:

That dry rape stubble is lethal to man and dog. When it runs up your ankle it makes you dance.

Yes, nasty stuff indeed. Only once did I foolishly let my vszla pick a pigeon in that stuff and later that evening wondered why he was licking and found a puncture wound, right alongside his 'working parts' not serious but could have been an eye.  Take care.

16 hours ago, kennett said:

Straw stubble is unlikely to do much damage, it folds up without too much pressure. 

My old lab was snuffing and sneezing one evening after we had been a walk round mid summer and I had a look up his nostrils.  Wifes tweezers retrieved about an inch and half of wheat stubble, so be aware anyway.   It was one of those times that my training my puppies to let me do anything to them, investigate their most intimate parts without getting bit paid off as old Muffin was seriously distressed.

On 26/07/2019 at 11:24, Walker570 said:

...It was one of those times that my training my puppies to let me do anything to them, investigate their most intimate parts without getting bit paid off as old Muffin was seriously distressed....

That must be very rewarding, ours doesn't much like being being picked at unless fresh out of a bath.