Borders gamekeeper looking at jail sentence

1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

it says low ground pheasant shooting, just google  borders gamekeeper, Longformacus.

It is in grouse moor territory on that side of the Lammermuir Hills.

Unfortunately there always seems to be someone in the shooting community that does everyone else a huge disservice by their behaviour.

I must admit my first reaction to reading this post was that the story was apocryphal, likely to have been invented by the anti brigade. That is not the case with the man’s guilty plea. He was a bad egg who has been convicted of other crimes. 

Hmm, that sounds like the Whitchester estate that used to belong to the Landale family.
My Mum grew up there as my Grandfather was the head forester on the estate.
I knew the old gamekeeper back in the day - Jimmy Menzies (Minges to us) - he used to turn a blind eye to us young 'uns fishing in the Laird's trout pond :-)
Sad to see something like this going on...

2 hours ago, serrac said:

Hmm, that sounds like the Whitchester estate that used to belong to the Landale family.
My Mum grew up there as my Grandfather was the head forester on the estate.
I knew the old gamekeeper back in the day - Jimmy Menzies (Minges to us) - he used to turn a blind eye to us young 'uns fishing in the Laird's trout pond :-)
Sad to see something like this going on...

No its next door.  I also remember Jimmy Menzies, Jimmy Dodds and Andrew Hall who were the gamekeeping team in old Mr Landales time..  I still use the Army and Navy hammer gun I bought from Andrew Hall circa 1960.

Blackpowder

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:16, Walker570 said:

It will be if employers continue to employ total idiots like this one.

he may have no choice as his lord and master says, get rid of or we will find someone else,  job and dwelling gone after all the years of service , homeless and no job, 

may or not be the case  either way not good

Edited by Saltings