Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus

Cawdor118

I put 3000 rounds through one in Africa in a week and shot my first five with five, on Geese. Most impressed. Shooting in all of the dust on the pigeons and the only issue was crud in the magazine tube that was fed in with the dropped cart's. It certainly needed cleaning at the end of the week and was happy that it was not me doing it :lol:

I currently have a M2, im selling it as a 28" semi feels too long for me so im after a 26". 

Im usually a firm Beretta fan, so i would consider the A400 on that alone. The M2 has been flawless in all honesty.

10 hours ago, oowee said:

I put 3000 rounds through one in Africa in a week and shot my first five with five, on Geese. Most impressed. Shooting in all of the dust on the pigeons and the only issue was crud in the magazine tube that was fed in with the dropped cart's. It certainly needed cleaning at the end of the week and was happy that it was not me doing it 

Did you have any missfires or the like? 

11 hours ago, figgy said:

Do you need 3 1/2" chamber ? Beretta will have it M2 won't.

The Benelli would be my choice as the inertia system don't need cleaning much.

Not really - i just think they look smart.

Edited by Cawdor118

1 hour ago, Cawdor118 said:

I currently have a M2, im selling it as a 28" semi feels too long for me so im after a 26". 

Im usually a firm Beretta fan, so i would consider the A400 on that alone. The M2 has been flawless in all honesty.

Did you have any missfires or the like? 

Not really - i just think they look smart.

No miss fires. A few jams caused by the carp in the mag tube. Dropping a few shells in the dirt, picking them up reloading, knocking over a few boxes and using them the crud in the mag was to be expected.  I use an A300 at home with a short barrel which feels a lot lighter and quicker but soon got used to it.

2 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

What is the difference between the Beretta A400 Xtreme  and the Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus?  Is it just the "plus" is in camo?

Thanks in advance.      

The Plus has a high rib and bigger bolt handle,but they have removed the chamber cut off, so that's a minus for me. 

12 hours ago, button said:

Mcleods?

Yes mate. 

2 hours ago, figgy said:

The camo version of semis is very good during the day and gives more protection. If you go fowling best check what it's like on a night. My M2 lit up like a beacon under the moon or any light.

I must admit, this is something i hadn't considered. If the A400 was all black and didn't have grey i would have gone for that. 

5 hours ago, Cawdor118 said:

Yes mate. 

I must admit, this is something i hadn't considered. If the A400 was all black and didn't have grey i would have gone for that. 

I didn't know when I bought mine in grass camo it would be so bright. During daylight you dare not put it down in grass in case you loose it. On a night flight a mate out on same marsh said couldn't see you but your gun was lit up like it was painted white. 

I would now only buy black or grey for the marsh where I go.

Evening All.

I have The Beretta A400 xtreme plus 26" in black. Here are my thoughts on the gun. I purchased it new in January having part exchanged my A400 xtreme 28".The dealer gave me a fantastic price for my gun. I have put about 2000 shells through it with no malfunctions. I just shoot clays and I have found this one of the  softest shooting guns available.

The reason I upgraded to the new model is purely for the high rib which for me is just fantastic it also comes with several other differences which are :

The forcing cone is 14" long which is copied from Berretta's high end target guns, it also  has a steel mid bead sight and comes with 5 extended chokes as opposed to just three flush fit chokes with the old model.

The shell lifter is now squared off on the front edge so no more thumb bite like some guns. the receiver is scalloped underneath where you load the shells in, another nice touch for quick fumble free loading, the magazine follower is now Hi viz green.

There is no cartridge cut off like on the previous model. I don't miss it having never used it.

The receiver is drilled and tapped for optics, the previous model had a grooves cut in the top of the receiver, again never used. The receiver has a Grey finish as opposed to the slightly Green tinge of the old model. 

You also get the bigger shell release and the extended cocking handle. I have swapped the shell release for a Briley version, I prefer the larger surface area it also doesn't pinch your finger when depressing it. I have shortened the cocking handle by about 4mm and refinished it, a bit too long from the factory in my view.

Finally you get a soft comb on the stock.

I am absolutely delighted with this gun and would highly recommend it.

Here's are a couple of photos of the gun, including a photo of the shortened cocking handle.

Captain Skellen.

IMG_4532.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG