Tracing a dogs Family tree

Alex C

We lost our beautiful Lab Tilly last week after a short illness. We are all devastated and not looking to get another dog any time soon, but when the time is right we would like to get another which shared some of her bloodline.

Is there a way of finding out if any of her sisters had litters and if so if any of their offspring had litters ? Also if they did , is there any way of getting in contact with the owners or breeders ?

She was such a big part of the family that i'd like to think that any new dog would have a little bit of Tilly in her

Thanks in advance

Sorry to hear about your sad loss of Tilly.

I can't help you out about getting in touch with previous owners or breeders , but I am sure there will be members who can point you in the right direction .

Once me and my brother had two Lab puppies from the same litter and they were totally different in ways and looks , and my mate kept two of his puppies from his bitch and they looked as if they came from two different litters , both in ways and looks, these two instants might be the norm or a bit unusual , but what I am trying to say is , by buying a puppy from the same blood lines will have no guarantee it will have the same temperament as your Tilly .

I hope I am wrong and GOOD LUCK with your search in buying the right pup . 

Hi yes you can - if you would like to send me her pedigree name I can send you screenshots of her lineage and siblings’ litters from my mykc account - alternatively you can sign up for an account, it’s free 😊👍

Just to add - I wouldnt be able to get any owner details though.

Edited by bigbird

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hi yes you can - if you would like to send me her pedigree name I can send you screenshots of her lineage and siblings’ litters from my mykc account - alternatively you can sign up for an account, it’s free 😊👍

Just to add - I wouldnt be able to get any owner details though.

Post them on here as there's 1/2 a chance I can tell you who owns dogs in the pedigree as the OP is local to me.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the input so far.

Her Registered Name was 'Emmellodge Tilly'. We got her from Joe Townsend of the Hurworth hunt, and the Sire was one of Les Dixon's of Mountgrace Guns dogs. I'm just curious to know if its possible to see younger siblings rather than the family history. I'll drop Les an email, as I know he kept one of Tilly Sisters, and see if he ever bred from her.

I'm not daft enough to think I would get the same dog, there will only ever be one 'Tilly Super Gundog' , but it would just be a nice nod in her direction when we finally feel ready to get another.

Thanks to everyone

20 minutes ago, B725 said:

What's with the non registered colour was it pink or green or something. 

I wondered that too, very odd! Perhaps too much of a white flash or something. It seems to have come from the dam’s side 🤔

Edited by bigbird

7 hours ago, B725 said:

What's with the non registered colour was it pink or green or something. 

They've probably tried registering them as black with white chest or similar.

Les Dixon bred the sire, he used to do dog displays at agricultural shows etc but I'm not sure if he still does. He's not someone I've had dealings with but I've heard the odd story!

The sire's sire Teak street is a sibling of FTCH Mediterian Blue, a prolifically used stud dog. The grandsire on the dams side Delfleet Garlic was owned by John Lees afaik.

Edited by PERCE

Emmellodge Comet out of sibling, has been bred from using an affix Wellburygrange in 2016.

Ex Comet - Wellburygrange Cartlend has been bred from under the affix Birkbymeadow, this was in 2018

Both affix would suggest these are in the Northallerton area.

W

17 minutes ago, B725 said:

Excuse my ignorance as I've never had a Lab but does having white on its chest affect its KC registration and if so why. 

It doesn't but if you write anything other than Black - Yellow - Chocolate / Brown on the registration documents they'll register it as not being a recognised colour. So for example you can't put red down as the colour.

If a dog's got white on it you only register it as one of the 3 solid colours.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Can i ask how you find all the info. I looked on the Kennel club site but cant see how to join if i'm not a breeder trying to register a puppy ?

The Welbury connection is probably quite promising, I've shot at their clay club on a Wednesday so someone there may know the owners of Welburygrange Cartlend. Must say it all gets quite interesting when you start digging.

Cheers

• 10 months later...