Arrested without written permission?

old'un

9 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Ok, so here's my last call to "someone in with a gun shooting at caravans"

Me "ok I'll take a look as I've just finished with the domestic"

Pop down to the caravan site to find 20 or so holiday makers raging about being shot at and how long it took me to get there  and all about how they were going to do nasty things to him had I been any later (I was 15 miles away so thought I made good time).

Peer over into the field to see a pigeon shooter, miles from the flightline and he is indeed dropping shot into the site. Appearing to shoot them as they turn with the wind but god knows why he was there.  I know has dropping shot into the site as some hit me. Didn't hurt but it's still a trespass and could be dangerous as there's lots of toddlers about that could be hurt. 

He was also a rubbish shot. 

I drive over to the field and walk down the side. Shooter emerges and gives me a mouth full about his rights and how I should be doing something better. I politely tell him to wind it in and eventually after 2 minutes of ranting he does. I then explain he is dropping shot on lots of people who want to string him up. I then point out the flightline is 200 yards on the other side of the field and he should move. I then ask his name and all is well as it matched the name of the keeper of the car and he had a sgc when we checked that. 

I walk back up the field to see the farmer waiting. 

Farmer says "everything ok". 

Me "yep he was dropping shot on the caravans not to mention being miles from the flighline of pigeons eating your peas"

Farmer "ah ok" 

We had a 2 min chat about a load of old bs to pass the time and I then continue with my day. 

99.99% of the time this is what happens. Occasionally they don't rant and we have a nice chat. The 00.01% it's poachers and they like to drive about the fields in 4x4's and skip the chat.

Can you please stop muddying the waters with common sense policing and true facts😆 👍.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The coppers of today are a world apart from years ago, the education then was an education in life, now it's behind a desk with a piece if paper that tells you you know all about the outside world. 

Nothing's going to change unfortunately because, apparently it's all for the good of man.