Best vacuum

Archie-fox

£600 2 years ago!!!

I paid less than £90 20 years ago for my 'Henry' and it's still going strong.

Sorry but I wouldn't (couldn't) ever pay so much for a vacuum cleaner however good it is thought to be.

Try  a Henry is my opinion, even though the EU has now restricted the power output of vacs .

Edited by Good shot?

I purchased three Henry look alikes from Screwfix for a little over £100 for the three.   They are brilliant.  I have one in the workshop which acts as a dust extractor on my sanding gear, then one upstairs in the house and one downstairs.  We also have a rechargeable G Tech which is just amazing. It sucks up the dust,hairs everything and packs it all away in two small 'bales' which are easily removed and disposed.  We could not believe the amount it 'found' in our carpets the first time through. Embarrasing !!!     Very light and easy to move around.

Edited by Walker570

Miele cat/dog bagless hoover

£239 from John Lewis 

was amazed what it took out of the carpets after using it straight behind a vax

really strong suction, you can see the carpet lift up as you use it.

highly recommended

No kidding for just carpets have a look at the G Tech. It is just amazing how it gets the muck out of carpets. It doesn't like hard surfaces though and thats where the Henry type wins.  Have a look on Screwfix site , see if they still have the same vacs at half the price.

on edit...just checked and they have gone up a bit but now £45 inc vat. 

Edited by Walker570

20 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I was wondering about the restrictions on vacuum power.  Is that a save the world thing or save the children.  Or probably some guy damaged his penis and that’s why the law came about.  

They have restricted wattage to 900 watt I believe. To save the world.🤣

Got a Dyson DC25 Animal Lightweight 10 years ago and still going okay. Just need to change/clean filters regularly.

Bit worried a £600 Dyson only lasted 2 years. Warantee?

Miele always make good stuff.

Not sure if a Henry would filter pet hair/dust as much as you would want.

I have a George. Its the next size up from the Henry. It has rug, upolstery and hard floor shampooing as well as the normal vacuuming. You can replace the throw away paper sacks with reusable, washable felt type sacks for extra filtration and economy in the long run.

It copes well with our pack of dogs.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Vax pet model,  just put 2 new filters in it and its like brand new.

What i have. Even tho it's one of these energy efficient ones, it gets all my little bits of black sock fluff out the wool carpet, no issues. Infact the bloody things sucks the carpet off the floor. Truly amazed by it for £90. I've had Dyson, the vax is loads better.