Best vacuum

Archie-fox

Dyson do a set price service for around £80 - they come to you and will replace just about any part showing signs of wear or damage all included in the price. As for a replacement then Miele is the best but Henry wins hands down considering the cost - you can run the Henry without a bag for better suction still. I have a Dyson and over the last 2 years every single part of it (apart from the long pipe) has been replaced under warranty. 

We....or should I say the wife has a Kirby no idea how old it is but its still very powerful, and noisy....very noisy!! But its pretty much bullet proof all sorts of things have been sucked up by that thing and done it no damage at all. 

I have a Henry in my workshop and as said its the dogs danglies.

12 hours ago, Archie-fox said:

Ok guys the dyson has finally packed up, I paid £600 a couple of years ago for it and I’m thinking of another make/model, we have 2 dogs so needs to be good with pet hair...what are we all using.. cheers

Bought my vax cleaner a year ago from BQ special offer £60. Absolutely brilliant so good I bought another for my daughter. The suction beats all the other cleaners have owned including Dyson over priced rubbish.

henry excellent ,  or a titan wet and dry not as refined and a noisy blighter cost about £60  tools are cack    I use them on power tools and hovering up after on private jobs ,customers always say it work better than the expensive brands . I have had three in twenty years cleaning up water leaks, brick and plaster dust, ashes,  inc shavings from power tools,  and in use every day , when her indoors really wanted to give the house a real bashing she said to the kids go get your dads hoover out of the van,  for the money cant fault them but buy the proper wet / dry filter canister , you cant wrong for the money  Wickes, tool station, screw fix, stock them 

The problem with the Numatic Henry is they don't Beat And Sweep, to help remove the dust and heavy particles ie sand, soil or general shoe detritus you really need a rotating brush. The old type Hoover were the ones that had this sorted, the only ones at the time that actually beated as it sweeped. 

Dyson marketing did an amazing job on the cyclone thing, but the price in my opinion was way OTT, there were other vacuum cleaners that did the same @ 1/4 of the price but didn't flood itv with ads. Ive had a £80 Hoover for 5 years + thats has more "suck" than Dyson and its beats and sweeps! And it's bag-less! 

17 minutes ago, oowee said:

Get rid of the un-hygienic carpets and shoe wearing in the house. Go for hard floors and any vac will cope. You will soon see the tumble weed that was otherwise hidden in you carpet. 

We have tiles down stairs, its purpose simply because it's either hay ,mud or shavings from the livery yard or mud and poo from the fields. 

45 minutes ago, Dougy said:

The problem with the Numatic Henry is they don't Beat And Sweep, to help remove the dust and heavy particles ie sand, soil or general shoe detritus you really need a rotating brush. The old type Hoover were the ones that had this sorted, the only ones at the time that actually beated as it sweeped. 

Dyson marketing did an amazing job on the cyclone thing, but the price in my opinion was way OTT, there were other vacuum cleaners that did the same @ 1/4 of the price but didn't flood itv with ads. Ive had a £80 Hoover for 5 years + thats has more "suck" than Dyson and its beats and sweeps! And it's bag-less! 

You can buy an add on powered brush for them.

7 hours ago, oowee said:

Get rid of the un-hygienic carpets and shoe wearing in the house. Go for hard floors and any vac will cope. You will soon see the tumble weed that was otherwise hidden in you carpet. 

You're not kidding! we have to do the floors every other day with the amount of hair that the dogs lose 

On 28/07/2019 at 19:16, washerboy said:

My Mrs has just bought a shark, she has had a Dyson for 10 years and pays insurance that gets its fixed if it breaks and serviced once a year for £4 a month 

Yep we went for the shark and seems to be great, easy to use and picks up well enough..👍👍👍

Another vote for Henry Vacuums.  When I worked for the accommodation services department at University before I got a proper job, Henrys were standard issue in the student flats/houses.  The only way the students could reliably kill them was by using them as a wet vac.  I *might’ve* built myself a Henry out of spare parts and dead Henrys too….

Recently I left that Franken-Henry at my old house, now let out.  So I bought myself a (post-EU-regs) lower-power model for the new house. Can’t tell the difference, to be honest.