Spoons Basildon.

fatchap

Anyone else been here? 

Went last night with the wife and kids and got to say it was tip top. Not a fan of these buffet style places but here was on another level, food was fresh, loads and I mean loads to choose from, not just Chinese there was even a full english roast, turkish, indian, pizza to name a few.

I had seafood lots of seafood, crab claws, squid, prawns so many variety of prawns there didn't know what to go for but at 15 quid a head and up as many times as you like or until you start to embarrass the wife you have the time to try them all.

Drinks however bit on the stout side. If your driving the bottomless coke is the way forward.

Well worth a visit. 

We have one in Peterborough, Ibrahimi's, that is a great place to take Mates and kids as you can eat good food, try stuff you haven't had the opportunity to eat before and the price is very reasonable.

If you are smartly dressed they will offer you the better seats so that you can conduct conversations.

They are not licensed but you can take your own booze, soft drinks are sold on the premises.

https://www.ibrahimi-restaurant.co.uk/

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Addition of a link!

Never been a fan of the all you can eat restaurants to be honest, I watch people in there get a plate full go back to their table get a plastic container out with a lid, slide the contents of the plate into the container, put the lid back on, look round to make sure no staff are watching then back up again and repeat the process several times, I will refrain from mentioning who does it the most but it seems to me that they are all at it. They only seem to eat a small amount most of it is deposited in containers and they walk out with those insulated carrier bags full up, which they didn't seem to have when they come in and sit down.

Apart from the food being pretty much bland in these places, apart from the one I went to last night, That is pretty much my main gripe with them.

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

Never been a fan of the all you can eat restaurants to be honest, I watch people in there get a plate full go back to their table get a plastic container out with a lid, slide the contents of the plate into the container, put the lid back on, look round to make sure no staff are watching then back up again and repeat the process several times, I will refrain from mentioning who does it the most but it seems to me that they are all at it. They only seem to eat a small amount most of it is deposited in containers and they walk out with those insulated carrier bags full up, which they didn't seem to have when they come in and sit down.

Apart from the food being pretty much bland in these places, apart from the one I went to last night, That is pretty much my main gripe with them.

That’s has to be the do as you likeys, they are everywhere round that area. Like a plague.