Holiday car hire rip off

Vince Green

On 02/08/2019 at 14:13, Lloyd90 said:

No I wanted to know what his best stories were from working there 😂😂 from both sides of the desk! 

Lloyd, **** me where do I start.

Best one - transit minibus washed away of Newgale beach (that made national news) the army hired a minibus and tried pulling in a rib of the beach, didn't work, it got bogged in, tide came in and washed it away. Thing was a air pocket sealed around the windscreen, so a bonnet and windscreen stayed above sea level, and it strayed into the shipping lane for the chevron tankers coming in and out of Pembroke docks. They pulled it in, took it back to brawdy base, i went over to access the damage (obvs a write off, funny seeing sea water in the head lights ) but I walked into the MT dept wearing my snorkle and mask as a laugh (I knew Carl who ran Mt there). Would of been hilarious if it wasn't for the staff Sargent chewing everybody a new one, me included when I walked in like that. Laughed for weeks, surprised I didn't have my clearance rekoked.

Others dumped abroad, nicked, even the franchise in carmarthen nicked their own cars before they got closed. lady managed to total a brand new audi gear box in 200 miles as she didn't use the clutch, roof caved in on a trannie (I only noticed after the van had been signed out as im really tall)

Youd find sex toys, used rubbers, used tampons, wallets, passports, thousands of pounds in envelopes, shades, weird cds and i mean weird, top secret docs (all relating to sas training, was a bloody good read that before I burnt it), if it's happened to any car I bet it's been done worse in a rental car. 

I work p/t for a rental company and we carry a tablet with all current damage listed and described on outline drawings. The customer gets a hard copy too. If on delivery any extra damage is noticed we photograph and add to the computer record as we speak to the client. Although the extra work is a pain in the but we get far fewer issues when new damage occurs. Despite all this it amazes me how small dents or scratches which we all suffer occasionally could never, ever, ever, have occurred whilst the hirer was driving!!