ole boggy rides again

ditchman

a while ago i put out an equiry for a couple of old fishing reels to match the to rods that i was rebuilding , as they had none...and i needed them to complete the set , as i intend to mount them in my new place...........

chris sent me these...............they are the same age as the rods....over a 100 years and i took em apart and cleaned them up and oiled them and now i will pack them up and finish them with a laquer and mount them all when i move............i offered the filthy luka but he would have none of it...

thanks chris :good:

reels 001tn_.JPG

reels 002tn_.JPG

reels 003tn_.JPG

reels 004tn_.JPG

reels 005tn_.JPG

reels 006tn_.JPG

reels 007tn_.JPG

1 minute ago, johnphilip said:

Lovely work , and a very kind  offer , need to see some pictures of them on the rods

that you will.........you will just to wait until ive sorted out my loif..:good:

i plan to mount them on a navy blue baize background/frame....they wont be tied into position as visitors might like to take them down and assembloe them to feel what it is like to handle a 100 year old plus rod.........

dont talk wiv me no more im 3/4 's way thro a bottle of plink and i dunt care no more ive had a gud day as i hav finelly found a place to store my funitur whe the time comes....so im slowly gettin things sorted.........

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

dont talk wiv me no more im 3/4 's way thro a bottle of plink and i dunt care no more ive had a gud day as i hav finelly found a place to store my funitur whe the time comes....so im slowly gettin things sorted.........

That's good news!

Woogahumftumumph!

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

a while ago i put out an equiry for a couple of old fishing reels to match the to rods that i was rebuilding , as they had none...and i needed them to complete the set , as i intend to mount them in my new place...........

chris sent me these...............they are the same age as the rods....over a 100 years and i took em apart and cleaned them up and oiled them and now i will pack them up and finish them with a laquer and mount them all when i move............i offered the filthy luka but he would have none of it...

thanks chris :good:

reels 001tn_.JPG

reels 002tn_.JPG

reels 003tn_.JPG

reels 004tn_.JPG

reels 005tn_.JPG

reels 006tn_.JPG

reels 007tn_.JPG

Blimey Simon, what have you done with all that dust and carp that they had when I sent them ? Completely spoilt now :whistling:

Seriously, you didn't waste any time on them and they look really good. I'm so pleased that they have gone to a good home to someone who deserves to have and appreciate them.

Look forward to seeing photos of them in your new abode in due course.

OB